|Born||California, United States|
|Associated acts||Kelly Joe Phelps|
At 15, she left home with guitar in hand to travel across America in a converted school bus; she sang in hard rock bands in Los Angeles when she was a teenager, studied theatre in her mid-twenties, restored antique bi-plane wings, worked as a stonemason in the rural mountains of California, and opened a fine art business in fused-glass and metal with a blacksmith in the High Sierra mountains.
She is known for her singing and original songwriting which is based in Americana music. Her songwriting has met with much critical acclaim and secured her a position as a finalist in the 2005 New Folk competition at the Kerrville Folk Festival. In July, 2006 she was featured in an interview on the BBC Radio 2 program, Bob Harris Country, which led to a tour of England and Ireland in early 2007.
West's debut CD, Bound For the Living, was released in 2004. Her second album, Second Sight, which followed it in 2007, featured a number of notable guests, including dobro player Jerry Douglas, mandolinist Mike Marshall, and Darol Anger on fiddle. In 2009 she released a third CD, The Promise, which she co-produced with Doug Cox and recorded in Canada.
West has a thick touring history including the most prestigious festivals and clubs in the US and internationally. In 2010 and 2011 she toured extensively as a duo with fellow songwriter and guitarist Kelly Joe Phelps. The pair have released one CD, entitled Magnetic Skyline.
In 2013, West began touring with her newly formed band featuring Pam Delgado and Jeri Jones from Blame Sally. She has announced that a CD featuring the band, also to be entitled The Promise, will be released in February 2014.
- Bound for the Living (Make Records, 2004)
- Second Sight (Make Records, 2007)
- The Promise (Make Records, 2009)
- Magnetic Skyline (with Kelly Joe Phelps) (Make Records, 2010)
- Starlight Highway (Make Records, 2015)
- Kerrville Folk Festival New Folk Finalist History brought to you by Happenstance and Doug Coppock. Retrieved September 16, 2010.
- Wood, Arthur. Corinne West: Always Moving On. Archived July 17, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. Folkwax E-zine. Retrieved September 16, 2010. (Free with registration.)
- HomeGrown Music. Corinne West: Second Sight. Retrieved September 16, 2010.
- Fish Records. Corinne West - The Promise. Retrieved September 16, 2010.
- BBC. Corinne West & Kelly Joe Phelps Magnetic Skyline Review Retrieved January 8, 2012.