Cornwall-Lebanon School District
|Cornwall-Lebanon School District|
|streetaddress = 105 East Evergreen Road
Lebanon, Pennsylvania, Lebanon 17042
|Color(s)||Blue, White, Gray|
|Sports||Cross Country, Field Hockey, Track and Field, Basketball, Volleyball, Swimming, Football, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Wrestling, Lacrosse, Baseball|
The Cornwall-Lebanon School District is a public school district covering the Boroughs of Cornwall and Mount Gretna and North Cornwall Township, North Lebanon Township, South Lebanon Township, West Cornwall Township and West Lebanon Township in Lebanon County, Pennsylvania. It is part of the Lancaster-Lebanon Intermediate Unit (IU 13). The district operates one High School, one Middle School and four Elementary Schools.
In October 2009, Cedar Crest High School was named in America's Best High School's, and won for the state of Pennsylvania, and came in the 12th spot in the finals. The school district has been known for good academic achievements, including the National Junior's Science Fair held in the Lebanon Fairgrounds, and Expo Center, and the Honor Roll achievements list was better than almost any other school in South Central Pennsylvania.
Cornwall-Lebanon School District was ranked 98th out of 497 Pennsylvania school districts in 2010 by the Pittsburgh Business Times. The ranking was based on three years of student academic achievement on the PSSA results on: reading, writing, math and two years of science.
2009 - 85th
2008 - 98th
2007 - 112th of 500 school districts in Pennsylvania.
- Cornwall Elementary, located in historic Cornwall, Pennsylvania, home of the Cornwall Iron Furnace.
- Ebenezer Elementary, one of the oldest elementary schools in Pennsylvania, then moved to a bigger location, now the largest elementary school.
- South Lebanon Elementary, located in South Lebanon Township, is the smallest elementary school.
- Union Canal Elementary, named after the historic Union Canal Tunnel, it is located on the east end of the school district.
- Cedar Crest Middle School
- Cedar Crest High School Located at 115 East Evergreen Road, Lebanon, PA 17042
- Union Canal Elementary Located at 400 Narrows Drive, Lebanon, PA 17046
- Pittsburgh Business Times (May 6, 2010). "Statewide Honor Roll Rankings".
- Three of top school districts in state hail from Allegheny County, Pittsburgh Business Times, May 23, 2007.