Coz Ov Moni
|Coz Ov Moni|
|Directed by||King Luu|
|Produced by||Panji Anoff|
|Written by||FOKN BOIS|
|Edited by||King Luu|
|Distributed by||Pidgen Music / Luu Vision|
The film is a musical entirely spoken in Ghanaian Pidgin English, but subtitles are shown.
On a normal morning in Gbese, Accra, the FOKN BOIS (rapping duo M3NSA and Wanlov the Kubolor) wake up and plan to go clubbing with some lady friends after chasing an evasive debtor for their money. After getting the money, they set off to blow it off on food, partying and women with hilarious and dramatic consequences. While going through the day, the story highlights real struggles of ordinary young Ghanaians in modern Ghana in spite of the strong elements of humour. Their free-spirited and seemingly conceited attitude makes them a few enemies as the day progresses resulting in a dramatic ending.
The film premiered in Ghana on 15 May 2010 at Ghana's National Theatre in Accra, and premiered in the United Kingdom on 22 July 2010 at The Ritzy in London. The film was also presented at various film festivals, including the Rio International Film Festival (Rio de Janeiro), Pan African Film Festival (Los Angeles), Black Filmmakers International Film Festival (London), Pan African Film Festival (Cannes), and was the headliner Movie at African Weekender (Sussex). It was subsequently released as a double disc VCD/CD combination, with the film featured on the Video CD of disc 1, and the movie soundtrack featured on disc 2.
The soundtrack was then re-released once more as Kweku Ananse + FOKN BOIS present... Coz Ov Moni - The Remix EP, which featured entirely remixed songs off the Soundtrack by Ghanaian producer Kweku Ananse.
Awards and honours
- Coz Ov Moni 2 (FOKN Revenge) (2013), The sequel
- "Coz Ov Moni: FOKN BOIS". MediAfritiQ. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "A tale from the premier of Coz Ov Moni". Modern Ghana. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "FOKN Bois: The Cutting Edge of Satire in African Hip Hop". Afro Pop Worldwide. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "M3nsa & Kubolor Pulls Crowd At 'Coz Ov Moni' Premiere". Ghana Celebrities. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "Coz Ov Moni official UK premiere". Picture Houses. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "The FOKN Bois talk Coz Ov Moni". Modern Ghana. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "Coz Ov Moni". Africanhiphop.com. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "Kweku Ananse Remixes a Musical, Free EP". Okayafrica. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "FOKN BOIS to premier Coz Ov Moni musical to US audiences". GUBA Awards. Archived from the original on 2013-12-02. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
|This article about a musical film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Ghana-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|