Crochet Guild of America
|Type||Not for profit|
|Headquarters||Zanesville, Ohio, United States|
|Membership||Individuals and companies|
|Number of Members||2,674 (2009)|
|Key Personnel||Founder: Gwen Blakley Kinsler
President and CEO: Rita Weiss
The Crochet Guild of America (CGOA) is an association to encourage crocheting, based in Zanesville, Ohio, United States. It was founded by Gwen Blakley Kinsler in 1994 and had 2,674 members as of 2009 in the United States and abroad.
The guild's purpose is to "educate the public about crochet, provide education and networking opportunities, and set a national standard for the quality, art and skill of crochet through creative endeavors."
There are currently over 3,000 members, plus over 80 local chapters and two online chapters affiliated with the Crochet Guild of America. Members interact through the CGOA blog and at annual CGOA conferences - called Chain Link events.
CGOA's 20th Anniversary
In 2014, the CGOA will celebrate its 20th anniversary. The theme is Proud Past, Brilliant Future A committee made up of Past Guild Presidents has been put in place to make plans to celebrate the organization's 20th anniversary. The logo was designed by CGOA Member Donna Wolfe.
- Cohen, Gail (June 24, 1999). "Crochet lovers link up to form guilds throughout America". Daily Herald (Illinois). Retrieved 15 January 2010.
- "club offers crafters chance to bond, purl, chapter of national group meets once a month at library". Charlotte Observer. January 27, 2008. pp. 4Y York. Retrieved 15 January 2010.
- Goodwin, Lisa Bade (July 19, 2003). "Passion beads Libertyville woman teaches crocheting craft; business focuses on wearable art, jewelry". The News Sun (Waukegan, IL). Retrieved 15 January 2010.
- Crochet Guild of America (2009). "About the Crochet Guild of America (CGOA)" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-01-15.
- "Chain Link Conference". Crochet Guild of America. Retrieved 15 January 2010.
- "CGOA 20th Anniversary". Crochet Guild of America Blog. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "CGOA 20th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION IS COMING!". Crochet Guild of America. Crochet Guild of America. Retrieved 27 March 2014.