|Headquarters||Chicago, Illinois, USA|
|Products||Custom Logo Design, Website Design, Illustration, Marketing Materials, Industrial Design, Copywriting|
Number of employees
More than 200,000 graphic designers and writers from 200 countries work on Crowdspring.
When it launched publicly in mid-2008, the company and its business model received some criticism because Crowdspring's marketplace works on a speculative model and challenges traditional ways of buying and selling graphic design, industrial design, and copywriting services. This is the process of asking professionals to complete custom work for the chance of getting payment. This means that most people involved in the process effectively work for free. Crowdspring embraced and actively participates in the debate about its spec work business model.
- "Business Profile CrowdSpring, LLC". Better Business Bureau.
-  Crowdspring homepage
- Steiner, Christopher (2009). "The Creativity of Crowds". Forbes.
- "Creative designs, ideas get chance to stand out at CrowdSpring". Retrieved 14 July 2017.
- Company snapshot Businessweek
- Crowdsourced Design: Is Crowdspring the next iStockPhoto?
- review Information Week
- Christopher Steiner The Creativity of Crowds February 16, 2009 Forbes
- Rafe Needleman CrowdSpring leverages weasel economics June 12, 2008 CNet
- LeFlore, Ann (2018-06-16). "Crowdspring Review – Legit or Scam". 9 to 5 Work Online. Retrieved 2020-10-21.
- "Crowdspring Blog". Crowdspring.
- "The NO!SPEC campaign vs. crowdSPRING". Retrieved 14 July 2017.
- Walker, Rob (May 31, 2011). "The Crowd Is Wise—but Can It Draw?". Slate.
-  The NO!SPEC campaign vs. Crowdspring,
-  Is Spec Work Evil? The Online Creative Community Speaks
- Social Media Marketing: The Next Generation of Business Engagement. John Wiley & Sons. pp. pt232–233.
- Twitterville: How Businesses Can Thrive in the New Global Neighborhoods. Penguin. pp. pt.110–111
- Information Week
- Chicago Tribune
- Information Week