Cuckoo Electronics (Hangul:쿠쿠전자) is a South Korean manufacturing firm founded in 1978 and originally incorporated as Sunkwang Electronics Co., Ltd. Its corporate identity was formally changed to Cuckoo Co., Ltd. in 2002 reflecting its major export brand name which had been in use since 1999. The company's headquarters is located in Yangsan.
Cuckoo manufacturers small home appliances, notably Korean-style pressure rice cookers. Korean-style cookers (0.8 kg to 0.9 kg cooking pressure) typically gelatinize rice starches more completely than Japanese-style cookers (0.4 kg to 0.6 kg cooking pressure) resulting in a more glutinous and marginally more nutritious cooked rice. In South Korea Cuckoo is the top-selling brand of rice cooker. In 2002 their headquarters moved to New York and Los Angeles, through another company P&K USA TRADING CORP (New York) and KEY COMPANY (Los Angeles) to become the largest global distributor of rice cookers in the country.
- South Korea
- USA (since 1987)
- Japan (since 2002) - also OEM to Matsushita (Panasonic/National brands)
- China (since 2003)
- Bubang Techron Co., Ltd. under brand name Lihom is ranked the 8th in Korea.
- Samsung under brand name Novita is ranked 7th in Korea.
- Rice Cookers
- Pressurized (Induction Heating and Conventional Heater Plate models)
- Hot water pots
- Room Air Conditioning Units
- Air Filtration Devices
- Room Humidifiers
- Electric Grills
- Dish sanitizers