Cumberland Park, South Australia
Adelaide, South Australia
|Population||2,431 (2006 census)|
|• Density||379.8/km2 ( 984/sq mi)|
|Area||6.4 km2 (2.5 sq mi)|
|Location||5 km (3 mi) from Adelaide city centre|
|LGA(s)||City of Mitcham|
Located at 34.97°S 138.59°E, it is 58 m above mean sea level, and about 5 km south of the Adelaide city centre. The suburb's borders are Cross Road (north), Goodwood Road (east), Edward Street (south) and Winston Avenue (west). It is diagonally opposite Colonel Light Gardens (to the south-east) and Kings Park (to the north-east), and adjoins Westbourne Park (east), Clarence Gardens (west) and Clarence Park (north).
Historically, the region was vast farmland with no residential occupation. The site on which Cabra Dominican College currently stands was farmland up until the school's development in the early 1900s.
Cumberland Park is mainly a residential suburb, with a number of shops and businesses along Goodwood Road. These include a Big W with an adjoining Woolworths supermarket on the Cross Road corner. The shopping centre, which opened in the 1970s, was redeveloped in 2013.
The median price for a 3 bedroom house based on 17 sales in the period May 2016 to May 2017 was $658,000.
The median price for a 3 bedroom house based on 18 sales in the period Feb 2017 to Feb 2018 was $695,000. 
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Cumberland Park (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 16 July 2008.
- Pepper, Chris (23 July 2009). "Adelaide's most liveable suburbs - Cumberland Park". Retrieved 29 May 2017.
- The Welsh Cafe: Weekend Notes; Facebook; UrbanSpoon; Poms in Adelaide; womo.com.au; etc.
- Premier Postal History. "Post Office List". Premier Postal Auctions. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- "Cumberland Park Property Market". Realestate.com.au.
|This article about a place in Adelaide is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|