||This article contains embedded lists that may be poorly defined, unverified or indiscriminate. (March 2015)|
|Traded as||TWSE: 5203|
|Headquarters||Xindian District, New Taipei, Taiwan|
|Jau Huang, Chairman and CEO
Richard Carriere, Senior VP, Global Marketing & General Manager,US
Mei Guu, Senior VP and COO
Hilda Peng, General Manager, CyberLink Japan
|Revenue||NT$1.89 billion |
Number of employees
CyberLink Corp. (Chinese: 訊連科技股份有限公司; pinyin: Xùn lián kējì gǔfèn yǒuxiàn gōngsī) is a multimedia software company headquartered in New Taipei City, Taiwan. Its products include PC and mobile applications for playback of movies and media, editing of videos and photos, and disc burning and backup solutions.
CyberLink has been named by Forbes as one of Asia's "200 Best under a Billion" companies, as one of Businessweek's "Asia's 100 Hot Growth Companies" and among the Top 20 Taiwan Global Brands as rated by Interbrand. In 2016, the company released nine new products and received PC Magazine’s Editors’ Choice Award for the eleventh time.
The company has regional offices in the United States, Netherlands, and Japan.
CyberLink Corp. was founded by Dr. Jau Huang, a professor in the Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering at National Taiwan University, who currently serves as Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer.
Founded in 1996, CyberLink continues to invest and stay at the forefront of industry trends, from HD and 3D, to the latest 4K and VR/360 technologies. The company is known for its comprehensive family of multimedia software products such as PowerDVD, PowerDirector, PhotoDirector, Power2Go and YouCam. In 2000, CyberLink became a publicly traded company on the Taiwanese stock exchange (5203 TW).
CyberLink launched its flagship product PowerDVD in 1996. PowerDVD is a universal playerfor Blu-ray Discs, DVDs, video files, music and photos. The latest version of PowerDVD adds support for Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc playback, and is the first software in the world to support this new movie disc standard. PowerDVD has up to 95% market share in the PC-OEM market, with more than 300 million units sold over the past 20 years..
- PowerDirector- Video editing software, was first released in 2001. The latest version, PowerDirector 15 supports 360-degree video and 9:16 vertical video editing.
- PhotoDirector- Photo editing software.
- AudioDirector- Audio editing software, audio restoration and repair.
- ColorDirector- Color grading software.
- Director Suite- CyberLink first released its Director Suite of creative software in 2011. It includes PowerDirector, PhotoDirector, AudioDirector and ColorDirector in a single package.
- CyberLink Media Suite- A comprehensive multimedia software package including media player PowerDVD, video editing software PowerDirector, photo editing software PhotoDirector, disc burning utility Power2Go, and media conversation utility MediaEspresso.
- ActionDirector- Video editing software designed for quick and easy editing of footage taken with action cameras.
- MakeupDirector- Digital makeup software to enhance makeup design for makeup artists, portrait photographers and beauty enthusiasts.
- PowerDVD- PowerDVD is a universal media player for movie discs, video files, photos and music. The latest version, PowerDVD 17, launched in April 2017 and includes support for the new Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc format. During 2016, PowerDVD achieved certification from the Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA) for the playback of Ultra HD Blu-ray Discs, and became the world’s first and only software player to pass the BD-ROM 4.0 PC Application Software License process. Just in time for its latest launch, the company broke the Guinness World Record for VR binge watching in a VR headset, achieving 50 hours of uninterrupted viewing, all streamed from PowerDVD.
- MediaShow- Image organizer and viewer.
- YouCam- Webcam and camera app.
- MediaEspresso- Converts videos, photos & music to a wide range of formats for playback on popular media players and mobile devices.
DISC BURNING AND AUTHORING
- Power2Go- Disc burning and optical disc authoring software.
- PowerProducer- DVD authoring software.
CyberLink released its first mobile app, MediaStory, in 2010. Since then, the company has introduced another 14 apps on Android, iOS and Windows mobile platforms, including PhotoDirector and PowerDirector which have combined downloads approaching 28 million to date. The company’s key success in the mobile space is its beauty apps YouCam Makeup and YouCam Perfect. In just over 2 years, they have reached a combined 300 million downloads. CyberLink spun off its beauty products to a sister company named Perfect Corp. in June 2015.
- PowerDirector- Video editing app (Android), (Windows).
- PhotoDirector- Photo editing app (Android), (iOS), (Windows).
- ActionDirector- Video editing app (Android).
- YouCam- Camera app (Windows).
- YouCam Snap- Camera scan and note capturing app (Android), (iOS).
- Power Media Player- Mobile media player, (DLNA) app (Windows), (Android), (iOS).
- PowerDVD Remote- Remote control app for PowerDVD (Android), (iOS).
- YouNote- Note & sketch app (Windows).
- AudioClipper- Audio recording app (iOS).
- ImageChef- Text & image collage and animation tool (Android), (iOS).
- U Messenger- Photo and text messenger (Android), (iOS).
- "CyberLink Announces its Unaudited Operation Results for 2016".
- "Asia's 200 Best Under A Billion". Forbes. Retrieved 2006-10-19.
- "Asia's 100 Hot Growth Companies". Businessweek. Retrieved 2006-11-23.
- "Top 20 Taiwan Global Brands" (PDF). Interbrand. Retrieved 2002-10-15.
- "PowerDVD". CyberLink. Retrieved 2017-04-25.
- "PowerDirector". CyberLink. Retrieved 2017-04-25.
- "PhotoDirector". CyberLink. Retrieved 2017-04-25.
- "Power2Go". CyberLink. Retrieved 2017-04-25.
- "YouCam". CyberLink. Retrieved 2017-04-25.
- "Churning out World-Class Apps". CommonWealth Magazine. Retrieved 2016-02-19.
- "First Production Model ROM Certified Licensee List". Blu-ray Disc Association. Retrieved 2017-04-25.
- "Cyberlink Corp sets new Virtual Reality viewing marathon record". Guinness World Records. Retrieved 2017-04-17.
- "CyberLink Celebrates 20-Year Anniversary". CyberLink. Retrieved 2016-11-07.