From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up cydonia in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Cydonia // may refer to:
Places and jurisdictions
- Kydonia or Cydonia, an Ancient city state on Crete, at modern Chania
- Cydonia (see), a Latin Catholic titular see, reviving the Italian curiate name of the former diocese of La Canea at the above city Chania
- Cydonia (region of Mars), a region of the planet Mars known for the so-called "Face on Mars".
- 1106 Cydonia, an asteroid in the main asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter
- Biology and horticulture
- Cydonia (plant), a monotypic genus of flowering plants in family Rosaceae, containing only the fruit tree Cydonia oblonga (quince), which produces:
- Cydonia oblonga (quince) a yellow, pear-like, aromatic fruit
Mythology and arts
- Cydonia (goddess), a surname of the ancient Greek goddess Athena
- Landing On Cydonia, a song by American rock band, Farflung
- Cydonia (album), a 2001 album by The Orb
- Knights of Cydonia, a song by British rock band, Muse
- Hunting & Gathering (Cydonia), a song by American metal band, Sunn O)))
- Beneath the Crimson Vaults of Cydonia a song by British symphonic black metal band, Bal-Sagoth
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Cydonia.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.