Cyprian Kizito Lwanga
|Cyprian Kizito Lwanga|
19 January 1953 |
|Known for||Pastoral service|
His Grace Cyprian Kizito Lwanga was born 19 January 1953 at Kyabakadde, Mukono District, in Naggalama parish of the Diocese of Lugazi, in Uganda. He is the archbishop of the Archdiocese of Kampala, since 30 September 2006.
He was ordained a priest on 8 April 1978 at Lubaga Cathedral by His Eminence Emmanuel Cardinal Nsubuga. Appointed first Bishop of Diocese of Kasana-Luweero on 16 November 1996 and ordained Bishop on 1 March 1997 at Kasana-Luweero. Appointed the third Archbishop of Kampala on 19 August 2006 and installed as the third Archbishop of Kampala on 30 September 2006 at Lubaga Cathedral, succeeding His Eminence Cardinal Emmanuel Wamala, who retired.
|Archbishop of Kampala
2006 - present
- Catholic Hierarchy, . (2010). "MicroData Summary For: Archbishop Cyprian Kizito Lwanga (born 19 Jan 1953) Archbishop of Kampala". Catholic-Hierarchy.Org. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- Archdiocese, of Gulu (19 August 2006). "New Archbishop of Kampala Named". ArchDioceseofGulu.Org. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- Kampala, Archdiocese (.). "Welcome to Kampala Archdiocese: Archbishop". Uecon.Org. Retrieved 17 July 2014. Check date values in:
- Over 13 Catholic Bishops For 18th Plenary Assembly
- Archbishop Lwanga Excites Guests
- Lwanga Preaches Humility
- End Corruption & Brutalty