|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find links tool for suggestions. (July 2013)|
|Cyril F. Benoit|
Cyril F. Benoit, Président de Benoit & Associés
Cyril Benoit, born in 1974, in Paris, is an independent French investment and development banker, specialized in cross-border m&a. He is the Chairman of the Supervisory Board of the Aspen Institute France.
After reading philosophy at the Ecole Normale Supérieure Lettres et Sciences Humaines and graduating from Paris IV-Sorbonne University, his penchant for public affairs propelled Cyril Benoit into the circles of public service until his interests veered to international investment and business.
In 1997, Cyril Benoit served as speech writer to Former Prime minister Laurent Fabius, then President of the French Assemblée Nationale, and played a key role in the development of Fabius’ brainstorming network. From 2000 to 2002, he worked within the private office of Laurent Fabius at the Ministry for Economy, Finance and Industry. In addition to this role, Cyril Benoit served as Deputy Chief of Staff, then Technical Advisor to the Minister of Industry, Christian Pierret.
Cyril Benoit also worked at the Office of Congressman Tom Lantos in Washington D.C, the California’s Representative and Human Rights Caucus’ Chairman (relabeled Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission after his founder died in 2008).
During his tenure at the Direction du Trésor (French Treasury Department) in 2002 and 2003, he was entrusted with the organization of the French Presidencies of the G7 and G8, and acted as the lead coordinator for the Indian and Mexican presidencies of the G20 and the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM). Cyril Benoit also contributed to the setting-up of the Agence des Participations de l’Etat (French Government Shareholding Agency), collaborating with Mr. Jean-Pierre Jouyet, currently Chief of Staff to French President François Hollande.
In 2003, Cyril joined Léon Bressler, UNIBAIL’s CEO, as Special Project Manager. A former banker, Bressler mentored him to make is way into investment and global business. Cyril Benoit was instrumental into several high-profile transactions such as the Unibail-Rodamco merger, which founded the leading pan-European real estate listed company.
Following a number of key positions at Unibail such as Head of Corporate Development, then Chief Investment and Financial Officer of the Shopping Centre Division. In 2007, Cyril headed to London joining Léon Bressler as Principal, to participate during the financial turmoil in the creation of Perella Weinberg Real Estate, a 1, 2bn Euro real estate private equity fund, which includes the leading global pension and sovereign funds as Limited Partners.
In 2013, French leading business paper Les Echos names him amongst the new generation of French leaders.
Cyril Benoit is the founding President of Benoit & Associés, an independent investment bank he created upon his return from London in 2011. Benoit & Associés focuses on two main fields of expertise: corporate finance, particularly cross-boarder m&a, and public affairs.
In June 2012, B&A orchestrated the alliance between chinese agrofood giant Bright Food and Bordeaux wine merchant Diva, the first ever transaction between a chinese state-owned company and a French privately owned SME. Since then, Benoit & Associés has displayed a team in Asia managed out of Shanghai by Emmanuel Gros, who is also the Vice-Chairman of the French chamber of commerce in China.
Commitment and ideas
Cyril Benoit founded and chaired for several years Vouloir la République, a think–thank which Fondation Saint-Simon praised, in reviewing the commitment to politics of young people in their 30s, as ‘’the think–tank most intent on the necessity of achieving the in-depth insight advocated by many of its members.’’.
He initiated several initiatives and debates, particularly on international economy and the interactions between politics and finance. Cyril Benoit is a regular editor in the Huffington Post and Les Echos.
In July 2012, he was elected to the Supervisory Board of the Aspen Institute France and become its Chairman in June 2013.
- fr:Institut Aspen France
- Fabius : Les blessures d’une ambition, Jean-Gabriel Fredet, Hachette
- La galaxie pourvoyeuse d’idées du ministre de l’économie, Michel Noblecourt, Le Monde du 20 avril 2000
- "Arrêté du 24 juillet 2000 portant nomination au cabinet du secrétaire d'Etat". admi.net. Retrieved 2014-05-13.
- "GRI – Global Real Estate Institute | Connecting Real Estate Investors & Developers Worldwide". globalrealestate.org. Retrieved 2014-05-13.
- ↑ http://www.lesechos.fr/entreprises-secteurs/tech-medias/dossier/les_echos_la_releve/0203115187477-la-releve-kesako-628369.php [archive]
- "Benoit & Associés". benoit-associes.com. Retrieved 2014-05-13.
- Les 20-30 ans : une cartographie politique, Marc-Olivier Padis, Fondation Saint-Simon, juillet 1999
- "Cyril Benoit". huffingtonpost.fr. Retrieved 2014-05-13.
- Cyril Benoit. "The French paradox | Cyril Benoit". huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2014-05-13.
- "Le profil public de 'Cyril Benoit' | Le Cercle Les Echos". lecercle.lesechos.fr. Retrieved 2014-05-13.
- "Décret du 7 février 2008 portant reconnaissance d'une fondation comme établissement d'utilité publique | Legifrance". legifrance.gouv.fr. Retrieved 2014-05-13.