|Birth name||Cyrille Aimée Daudel|
August 10, 1984|
Samois-sur-Seine, Fontainebleau, France
She won the Montreux Jazz Festival Competition in 2007, was a finalist in the Thelonious Monk International Jazz Competition in 2010, and won the Sarah Vaughan International Jazz Competition in 2012.
New York Times music reviewer Stephen Holden described Aimée as a blend of Michael Jackson and Sarah Vaughan and wrote that the "saucy, curly-haired jazz singer [stood] with one foot in tradition and the other in electronics," and that her voice had a "tart, girlish chirp" and that her Surreal Band fused traditional and futuristic electronics with textures mixing jazz and funk. New York Times reviewer Nate Chinen wrote that she had a "sweet, girlish voice that she controls with a sniper's precision".
Star-Ledger reviewer Ronni Reich described her sound as "instantly recognizable" with a "soft, girlish buzz with a touch of an Edith Piaf-like quaver." Reviewer John Fordham in The Guardian wrote that she is a "subtle and articulate vocalist" who is "light-stepping, casually fluent and persuasive" and sometimes "coolly understated in a soft glide." Classicalite reviewer Mike Greenblatt described Aimée as "beautiful, talented, precocious, funny, cultured, with the kind of instantly-recognizable voice that has no known precedent."
- Cyrille Aimée and the Surreal Band (2009)
- Smile (Cyrille Aimée Music, 2009) with Diego Figueiredo
- Just the Two of Us (Venus, 2010) with Diego Figueiredo
- Live at Small's (SmallsLIVE, 2010)
- Live at Birdland (Cyrillemusic, 2013)
- Burstin' Out, Chicago Jazz Orchestra with Cyrille Aimée (Origin, 2013)
- It's a Good Day (Mack Avenue, 2014)
- Let's Get Lost (Mack Avenue, 2016)
- Cyrille Aimée Live (Mack Avenue, 2018)
- Pitz, Marylynne (3 September 2014). "French-Dominican vocalist Cyrille Aimee to entertain guests at Cultural Trust gala". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- Danton, Eric R. (2 September 2014). "Cyrille Aimee Goes Back to the Land in 'Bamboo Shoots' Video (Exclusive Premiere)". blog.wsj.com.
- Gilbert, Andrew (26 Feb 2014). "Cyrille Aimée to fuse Gypsy, jazz spirits in Santa Cruz show". SF Gate.
- Reich, Ronni (21 October 2012). "Cyrille Aimee wins the first Sarah Vaughan International Jazz Competition". nj.com.
- Holden, Stephen (23 November 2012). "Cyrille Aimée and the Surreal Band at Birdland". The New York Times.
- "Cyrille Aimee: 'I Wish You Love'". The Washington Post. 5 October 2010.
- Chinen, Nate (15 August 2014). "Albums From Eric Harland's Voyager, Bobby Broom and More". The New York Times.
- Fordham, John (11 August 2011). "Cyrille Aimée and Friends: Live at Smalls – review". The Guardian.
- Greenblatt, Mike (29 January 2016). "Blogarrhea Exclusive Interview: Cyrille Aimee – A Woman to Love in Three Languages". Classical Lite.