|Origin||Detroit, Michigan, U.S.|
|Occupation(s)||Producer, rapper, disc jockey|
|Labels||Hatchet House (2007–present)
Psychopathic Records (2012–present)
|Associated acts||Insane Clown Posse, Twiztid, Blaze Ya Dead Homie, Boondox, Anybody Killa, Axe Murder Boyz, Bailz, Zug Izland, Esham, Bizarre, King Gordy, Myzery, Kottonmouth Kings, The Dayton Family, Cold 187um, Big Hoodoo, The R.O.C., Tech N9ne, Three 6 Mafia, Legz Diamond & The Purple Gang|
DJ Clay (born Michael Velasquez) is an American record producer, rapper and disc jockey from Detroit, Michigan. He is signed to Psychopathic Records. As of 2010, Velasquez has sold over 200,000 units.
While DJing in Southwest Detroit,starting at the age of 13, he started making a name by age 16, by 17 Michael Velasquez performed at several events hosted by Psychopathic Records, including Big Balla X-Mas Party events, Juggalo Championship Wrestling events, charity events, and the release party for Twiztid’s album Man's Myth. In 2006, he was asked by Shaggy 2 Dope to DJ for him on his national "F.T.F.O." tour. After the tour, Velasquez was approached by Insane Clown Posse to DJ all of their tours exclusively . Velasquez was signed by Psychopathic Records in 2007 and began producing songs for several of the label's releases. In 2013 he toured with National rock band Zug Izland .... to date Dj Clay has sold over 200,000 Mix Tapes and has been on 20+ national tours .
At the 2007 Gathering of the Juggalos music festival, it was announced that Velasquez had been signed to Psychopathic Records and their subsidiary label Hatchet House. The following year, it was announced that Velasquez would be releasing a series of mixtapes entitled Let 'Em Bleed that would feature artists on Psychopathic Records, Hatchet House and other labels. After releasing four volumes, Velasquez announced in 2010 that he would be releasing a new series of mixtapes entitled Book of the Wicked. On June 4, 2013, DJ Clay released a new mixtape entitled A World Upside Down. Velasquez is set to release a free (edm)Trap mixtape titled "The Sidewayz Room" in December 2016. he is releasing his next major mix tape in 2017 and is currently producing Shaggy 2 Dope (ICP)'s solo record Titled "FTFOMF" . On January 1, 2017 DJ Clay was invited to the Juggalo March On Washington. On January 2, 2017 DJ Clay accepted his invite.
- End Of Your Career: The Mixxtape (2006)
- Let 'Em Bleed: The Mixxtape, Vol. 1 (February 19, 2008) (Hatchet House)
- Let 'Em Bleed: The Mixxtape, Vol. 2 (July 2008) (Hatchet House)
- Let 'Em Bleed: The Mixxtape, Vol. 3 (November 11, 2008) (Hatchet House)
- Let 'Em Bleed: The Mixxtape, Vol. 4 (August 6, 2009) (Hatchet House)
- Book of the Wicked, Chapter One (June 8, 2010) (Hatchet House)
- Book of the Wicked, Chapter Two (December 7, 2010) (Hatchet House)
- A World Upside Down: The Mixxtape (June 4, 2013) (Hatchet House)
- Hands of Odd EP (Tour Exclusive EP) (March 2014) (Hatchet House)
- The SidewayZ Room (December 2016) (Hatchet House)
He was featured on the Bloodstepp track "Underground MVP" which also featured Big Hoodoo, Axe Murder Boyz, Spice 1, KidCrusher, Syn and Mike Puwal of Zug Izland from the album Grand Theft UFO: Floppy Disk Edition released in 2014.
- True, Chris "DJ Clay Biography", Allmusic, Macrovision Corporation
- "Biography". Biography. Psychopathic Records / Hatchet House. Retrieved 8 December 2010.
- Rotten Radio interview, 27 June 2008
- Insane Clown Posse (presenters) (2008-07-13). Weekly Freekly Weekly- 13th July 2007 GOTJ Edition (internet news). Detroit, Michigan: Psychopathic Records. Event occurs at 7:08. Retrieved 2008-08-20.
- "Chapter One". Hatchet Herald. Psychopathic Records. 13 (6). May 7, 2010. Archived from the original on April 2, 2010. Retrieved July 10, 2010.
- Hatchet Herald Archived January 11, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.
- "The Concert - Juggalo March on Washington - Sept 16th, 2017". juggalomarch.com. Retrieved 2017-01-05.