DM Ashura at San Japan 1.5
|Birth name||William James Robert Shillito|
|Also known as||DM Ashura|
March 26, 1986 |
Brooklyn, New York, U.S.A.
|Genres||Trance, psychedelic trance, goa, ambient, drum and bass, ethnic, hyper techno|
|Instruments||Keyboard, Korg Kaoss Pad 3|
William "Bill" James Robert Shillito (b. 1986-03-26 in Brooklyn, New York), more commonly known as DM Ashura, is an electronic artist whose work can be found in the music games O2Jam, Dance Dance Revolution, StepMania, beatmania IIDX, Flash Flash Revolution, and Pump it Up.
Bill lived in Queens for 8 years and now resides in Atlanta, Georgia. He started playing piano at the age of 2 and composing around age 8. He also has played viola since age 12.
Bill creates his music under the name DM Ashura; the "DM" stands for Digital Maestro, while "Ashura" (spelled 阿修羅) is Japanese for "fighting demon". He has made a number of remixes (mostly from music games), particularly "neoMAX" (a remix of the MAX series), which won first place in Tournamix 4, a DDR stepfile-writing contest. He has also since written a number of original tracks, and is well known in the music game community for his work.
Work in games
DM Ashura's music has recently been licensed for a number of music games:
Tracks in O2Jam (for PC):
All three of these songs can be found on the Malaysian server. GO! can be found on the Japanese server as well.
Tracks in Flash Flash Revolution:
- KlungKung 2004
- Aztec Templing (Techno-Titlan Mix)
- R3 (Omega Mix)
- Boss Machine
- Classical Insanity
- MAX Forever
- MaxX AttaxX*
- Otter's Dance (Hotroot Mix)
Tracks in Dance Dance Revolution ULTRAMIX 4 (for Xbox)
- GO! (Mahalo Mix)
- Celebrate Nite (Like It's '99 Mix)
Tracks in Dance Dance Revolution Universe 3 (for Xbox 360)
- Your Angel
- Rave Until The Night Is Over
(3 of these tracks are also featured in the arcade release of Dance Dance Revolution X2, excluding Rave Until The Night Is Over).
Tracks in Beatmania IIDX 16: Empress
Tracks in Pump It Up Fiesta EX (for Arcade)
- Rave Until The Night is Over
- Allegro con Fuoco
Tracks in Pump It Up Infinity (for Arcade)
- Ignis Fatuus
- Fallen Angel
Tracks in Pump It Up Prime (for Arcade)
- Allegro Piu Mosso
- Annilihator Method
- Move That Body!
DM Ashura first got his tracks into DDR when he won Konami's music competition on www.broadjam.com. His song GO! was selected among around 300 other entries. The other three winners were Grandolin by Zerofuser, Race Against Time by Jeff Steinman, and There's a Rhythm by Dig Bear feat. Kat Blu.
Also, "Celebrate Nite (Like It's '99 Mix)" can be found on Konami's Ultramix 4 V-Rare 11, as well as the "Cusimo & Co. Extended Mix" on the Supernova/Ultramix 4 Combo V-Rare 10.
- DM Ashura
- Chenn, Inn Inn (2005-04-11). "Two students hold unique jobs while taking classes: Bill Shillito.". The Technique. Archived from the original on 2007-09-29.
- New O2Jam Artiste - DM Ashura!, September 7, 2005
- Turkeyslam's O2Jam Master Song List
- Gamania japan
- FFR Song List FlashFlashRevolution.com
- beatmaniaIIDX16 EMPRESS 情報ページ
- DDR Contest Winners
- Ricky Graham - Official Website - Archive
- Track listings at http://www.bemanistyle.com/index.php?news_id=107 and http://www.orangeloungeradio.com/phpnuke/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=660