Dad bod is a slang term in popular culture referring to a body shape particular to middle-aged men. The phrase has been adopted in U.S. culture as a celebration of this particular type of physique. This masculine body type is a cross between somewhat muscular and overweight physiques.
Mackenzie Pearson, a student at Clemson University, was the first to publish the term, but does not claim to have invented it, having heard it in many different social circles. Pearson routinely posted essays on her Odyssey account and soon started making them humorous.
- McNeal, Stephanie (2015-05-03). "Meet The 19-Year-Old College Student Who Told The World About The "Dadbod"". BuzzFeedNews. Retrieved 2019-06-26.
- "Mackenzie Pearson". Theodysseyonline.com. 2014-10-15. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- Pearson, Mackenzie (2015-03-30). "Why Girls Love The Dad Bod". The Odyssey Online. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- 8/05/2015 (2015-05-08). "Beer bellies are in, biceps are out: introducing the 'Dad Bod'". Msn.com. Retrieved 2016-10-20.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- Engel, Meredith (2015-05-07). "Why women are lusting after dudes with 'dad bod'". NY Daily News. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- Holley, Peter (2015-05-11). "I have a dad bod. Here's why women love it". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- Hess, Amanda (2015-04-30). "What is the Dad Bod? America's leading expert explains". Slate.com. Retrieved 2016-10-20.