Daishiro Yamagiwa (山際 大志郎? Yamagiwa Daishirō, born September 12, 1968) is a Japanese politician of the Liberal Democratic Party, a member of the House of Representatives in the Diet (national legislature).
A native of Kamakura, Kanagawa, Yamagiwa graduated from Yamaguchi University and received a Ph.D in veterinary medicine from the University of Tokyo. After working as a veterinarian, he was elected to the House of Representatives for the first time in 2003.
Within the LDP, Yamagiwa has served as Parliamentary Secretary of Cabinet Office, and as a member of the Committee on Cabinet.
Yamagiwa gave the following answers to the questionnaire submitted by Mainichi to parlementarians in 2012:
- in favor of the revision of the Constitution
- in favor of right of collective self-defense (revision of Article 9)
- in favor of reform of the National assembly (unicameral instead of bicameral)
- in favor of reactivating nuclear power plants
- against the goal of zero nuclear power by 2030s
- in favor of the relocation of Marine Corps Air Station Futenma (Okinawa)
- in favor of a strong attitude versus China
- in favor of the reform of the Imperial Household that would allow women to retain their Imperial status even after marriage
- should start considering a nuclear-armed Japan
- no answer regarding the participation of Japan to the Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Profile on LDP website: jimin.jp/english/profile/members/121059.html (retrieved Nov 25, 2014)
- Nippon Kaigi website
- Mainichi 2012: senkyo.mainichi.jp/46shu/kaihyo_area_meikan.html?mid=A14018002002
- 政治家情報 〜山際 大志郎〜. ザ･選挙 (in Japanese). JANJAN. Archived from the original on 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2007-10-16. External link in
- Official website in Japanese.