Dan Donovan (guitarist)
His music career began with a band called Back to Jordan which only recorded one EP and one album. Then he founded the band Tribe of Dan, described on the King Kool website as "cult greb goth outfit" and elsewhere as "swamp rock". The band split after recording only one studio album, and their US label folded shortly after their first release. Following this event he released albums independently, and his sound shifted toward an acoustic feel.
Recently he has been involved with several small bands. He is currently with an outfit called "King Kool", described as baseless blues - the band features Donovan and a drummer, but no bassist. The original drummer was Matt Middleton, who had worked with Donovan in several bands, including Tribe of Dan.
As Back to Jordan
- 1986: self titled (1986, UK - independent release)
- 1987: Voice In The Wilderness (1987, UK - Tunnel Records)
As Tribe of Dan
- 1990: Git Down, Thrash It: Live (Review: Cross Rhythms)
- 1992: Shook Up Shook Up (US - Blonde Vinyl)
- 1998: The Bootus Red (Mister M Records, Reviews: The Phantom Tollbooth, Cross Rhythms)
As The Swamp Cranks
- 1993: TrashboneThang (1993, Sticky Music)
- 1995: Dust Shaker (1995, Review: Cross Rhythms)
- 199?: Root (cassette only release)
- 1998: The Leaven Dell (1998, Review: The Phantom Tollbooth)
- 2000: The Hex The Ghears (2000, Review: The Phantom Tollbooth)
- 2003: Ga-rage
As King Kool
- 2005: Roken (US - CD Baby)
- 2007: yeah, Yeah,Liberté
- 2010: Vampin
- Powell, Mark Allan (2002). "Dan Donovan". Encyclopedia of Contemporary Christian Music (First printing ed.). Peabody, Massachusetts: Hendrickson Publishers. p. 266. ISBN 1-56563-679-1.
- Stewart, James (September–October 1998). "The [United Kingdom] Report / Dan Donovan". 7ball (20): 28–29. ISSN 1082-3980.
- Attlee, James (September 1990). "Tribe Of Dan - Git Down, Thrash It: Live". Cross Rhythms (03).
- Lewis, James (December 1998). "Tribe Of Dan - The Bootus Red". Cross Rhythms (48).
- Lewis, James (October 1999). "Swamp Cranks - The Tapes". Cross Rhythms (53).
- Lewis, James (December 1996). "Swamp Cranks - Yew". Cross Rhythms (36).
- Whitehead, Steven (December 1995). "Dan Donovan - Dust Shaker". Cross Rhythms (30).
- Powell, Mark Allan (2002). "Tribe of Dan". Encyclopedia of Contemporary Christian Music. p. 960.