Dan Dunn (writer)
Dan Dunn (born July 14, 1968) is an American journalist and former host of the SiriusXM satellite radio program, "Dan Dunn's Happy Hour."  He writes a comedic wine and spirits column called “The Imbiber” for the website Food Republic. He formerly penned "The Imbiber" for Playboy. He was also a columnist for Wine Access in Canada and a nightlife guide for Mutineer magazine.
He worked as a staff writer for the Emmy-nominated TV show Talk Soup and freelance joke writer for Saturday Night Live’s “Weekend Update”, Dunn’s semi-fictional memoir called Nobody Likes a Quitter (and other reasons to avoid rehab) was critically acclaimed, and was published in November 2007 by Perseus Books. His second book, Living Loaded: Tales of sex, salvation and the pursuit of the never-ending happy hour was published by Random House/Crown in February 2011. Living Loaded was developed into a scripted comedy series for Fox by Dunn and Rob McElhenney, creator of the FX series, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Glenn Howerton, star of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, cited Dunn as the "driving force" behind The 7 Secrets of Awakening the Highly Effective Four-Hour Giant, Today, a faux self-help which lists the show’s characters as authors. It was published by Dey Street Books/HarperCollins in January 2015. 
Dunn’s work appeared in numerous high-profile publications including GQ, USA Today, Maxim, the Los Angeles Times, LA Style, and Entertainment Weekly. Prior to being picked up by Playboy in 2009, Dunn’s “The Imbiber” column appeared weekly for several years in Metro International.
Dunn was a regular guest on the Playboy Radio Morning Show on Sirius/XM satellite radio, The Tasting Room with Tom Leykis, and hosted The Imbiber Show podcast for The New Normal Network. He has made guest appearances on The Adam Carolla Show and Conan.
He grew up in Philadelphia, PA, and is a 1991 graduate of Temple University with a BA in journalism.
- "Talk Soup Episode dated 13 July 2001" on IMDb
- on YouTube
- "Preeminent Journalist Dan Dunn Names Conjure Top Ten Spirit of 2009" PR Newswire
- "Dan 'The Imbiber' Dunn's Living Loaded + 2 Cocktail Recipes" LA Weekly
- "'Living Loaded': A Professional Drunk Reflects on Life" The Atlantic
- "A Professional Drunk and Philly Native Makes It Big" Philadelphia Weekly
- Playboy magazine Archived May 3, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- "''Wine Access'' magazine". Wineaccess.ca. 2010-03-17. Archived from the original on 2012-02-25. Retrieved 2012-02-26.
- Talk Soup
- "Alumnus drinks on the job and gets paid". The Temple News. 2008-02-04. Archived from the original on 2012-03-19. Retrieved 2012-02-26.
- Strauss, Neil. "''Nobody Likes a Quitter (and other reasons to avoid rehab)''". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2012-02-26.
- Dan Dunn. "Living Loaded by Dan Dunn". Randomhouse.ca. Archived from the original on 2011-09-10. Retrieved 2012-02-26.
- Andreeva, Nellie. "TCA: FX Renews 'Wilfred', 'Louie' & 'Sunny', Inks $50 Million Deal With 'Sunny' Creators". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2012-02-26.
- Playboy Radio Morning Show
- ""The Tasting Room" with Tom Leykis". Tastingwithtom.com. Archived from the original on 2012-03-07. Retrieved 2012-02-26.
- "The Imbiber Show with Dan Dunn". Feeds.feedburner.com. Retrieved 2012-02-26.
- "Dan Dunn Mixology Demo 05/04/11 - Video @". Teamcoco.com. Retrieved 2012-02-26.