|Date of birth||25 October 1960|
|Original team(s)||West Perth|
|Height||193 cm (6 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||86 kg (190 lb)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 1985.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
He debuted for Richmond midway through the 1983 VFL season and finished the year with six appearances. A highlight was a five goal haul in Richmond's round 18 win over eventual grand finalists Essendon. During his time at Richmond he struggled with injuries and played only one league game in 1984. In the 1985 pre-season, Foley trained with Melbourne, but returned to Richmond and made five further appearances.
- Holmesby, Russell; Main, Jim (2007). The Encyclopedia Of AFL Footballers. BAS Publishing. ISBN 9781920910785.
- Devaney, John (2008). Full Points Footy's WA Football Companion. Lulu.com. ISBN 0-9556897-1-6.
- "Dan Foley". AFL Tables.
- The Age, "Melbourne", 8 March 1985, p. 24
- "Daniel Foley (West Perth)". WAFL Online.
- "Insults fly as The Block looks set to go up against Australian Survivor in a bloody reality TV war". news.com.au. 10 July 2016. Retrieved 10 July 2016.
- "The Block casts same-sex couple and oldest ever-team for Melbourne factory renovation". smh.com.au. 11 July 2016. Retrieved 11 July 2016.