|Date of birth||November 13, 1969|
|Place of birth||Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|1987–1990||Notre Dame Fighting Irish|
|1991–1993||Milwaukee Wave (indoor)||49||(16)|
|1994–1995||→ Chicago Power (loan)||28||(15)|
|1997||→ New Orleans Riverboat Gamblers (loan)||1||(0)|
|1999||→ Chicago Fire (loan)||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only
Stebbins graduated from Rufus King High School in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He played collegiate soccer at the University of Notre Dame from 1987 to 1990. During his four seasons with the Fighting Irish, Stebbins scored 11 goals and added 4 assists in 77 games.
In 1991, Stebbins signed as a developmental player with the Milwaukee Wave of the National Professional Soccer League. He became a regular with the first team during the 1992-1993 season. In November 1993, he unexpectedly left the team a few days before the season opener. In the summer of 1993, Stebbins played for the amateur Milwaukee Bavarians as it went to the semifinals of the 1993 U.S. Open Cup. In 1994, he continued to play for the Bavarians, also known as the Bavarian Leinenkugel in honor of their sponsor, as the team went to the finals of the 1994 U.S. Open Cup.
On November 17, 1994 Stebbins signed with the Milwaukee Rampage of the USISL. The Rampage then sent him on loan to the Chicago Power for the 1994-1995 NPSL season. In 1995, Stebbins scored twenty goals for the Rampage. In 1996, he was a first team All Star, led the league in scoring and was the USISL MVP. On February 2, 1997, the Dallas Burn selected Stebbins in the first round (fourth overall) of the 1997 MLS Supplemental Draft. On April 8, 1997, thirty-eight minutes into the first game of the season, Stebbins tore the posterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. The Burn released him in March, but then signed him to a 30-day contract which they continued to renew into June. In June 1997, the Burn sent Stebbins on loan to the New Orleans Riverboat Gamblers of the USISL to get him into game fitness. He played one game for the Gamblers, then was released by the Burn a week later. On August 5, 1997, the Milwaukee Rampage signed him for the remainder of the 1997 season. He scored only two goals in eight regular season games, but added another seven goals in the playoffs as the Rampage won the USL A-League championship. In January 1998, the expansion Miami Fusion of the Major League Soccer signed Stebbins. He scored six goals in twenty-four games and was released in November 1998. On March 23, 1999, he signed with the Rampage for a third time. In September 1999, the Rampage loaned Stebbin to the Chicago Fire for one game.
On February 6, 2000, the Rampage traded Stebbins to the Rochester Rhinos in exchange for the Rhinos first and second round draft picks. Stebbins refused to move and rejoined the Milwaukee Bavarians instead. In August 2000, after the Bavarians were eliminated from the 2000 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, Stebbins joined the Rhinos. He scored three goals in six regular season games, then scored several playoff goals, including one in the Rhinos 3-1 victory over the Minnesota Thunder in the championship game. Stebbins returned to the Bavarians for the 2001 season. In 2002, he spent one more professional season with the Rhinos before returning to the Bavarians in 2003.
In 2016, Stebbins was inducted into the Wisconsin Soccer Hall of Fame.
- Notre Dame soccer records
- NATIONAL PROFESSIONAL SOCCER LEAGUE FINAL OFFICIAL STATISTICS -- 1992-1993 Archived October 29, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Stebbins opts to leave Wave
- Bavarians reach cup's final four Milwaukee Sentinel - Monday, June 7, 1993
- U.S. Open Cup finals
- Rampage signs Stebbins , Szczepanski The Milwaukee Journal - Thursday, November 17, 1994
- NATIONAL PROFESSIONAL SOCCER LEAGUE FINAL OFFICIAL STATISTICS -- 1994-1995 Archived September 3, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- As kickoff approaches, Gansler gets excited Rampage coach eager for opener Thursday Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Wednesday, April 17, 1996
- 1996 USISL
- GAMBLERS SEEKING TO EXTEND STREAK Times-Picayune, The (New Orleans, LA) - Friday, June 27, 1997
- Rampage adds Stebbins to boost playoff run - Milwaukee turns to a familiar face Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Tuesday, August 5, 1997
- The Year in American Soccer - 1997
- SOCCER - Miami acquires Stebbins - Striker gets another shot in top league in U.S. Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Friday, January 23, 1998
- Rampage is hoping Stebbins can pick up where he left off - Veteran striker agrees to sign a two-year deal Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Tuesday, March 23, 1999
- The Year in American Soccer - 1999
- Rampage lends Stebbins to Fire Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Friday, September 24, 1999
- Rampage trades Stebbins to Rhinos - In return, it gets first- and second-round picks Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (WI) - Monday, February 7, 2000
- Stebbins helps spark route
- The Year in American Soccer - 2000