July 11, 1995
|Known for||Digital Art, Concept Art|
Leopoldo D'Angelo (Italian pronunciation: [leoˈpɔldo ˈdandʒelo]; born 11 July 1995 in Turin, Italy, better known by the pseudonym "Dangiuz" (pronounced [ˈdandʒuts]), is an Italian contemporary visual artist, crypto artist, art director and graphic designer specialising in sci-fi and retro-futuristic themes. Dangiuz rose to prominence on various social media platforms in the late 2010s along with other digital artists, which then led him to be invited to arts and cinema related events. His work has been featured in various art networks, magazines, and exhibitions, including Sohu, Arte, Juxtapoz Magazine, Digital Production and the "Heart of Cyberpunk" Exhibition in Hong Kong.
His work and artistic style falls under the Sci-Fi and Cyberpunk categories, and his figure is often linked to 3D design, concept art, Sci-Fi and Cyberpunk in cinema. As he states in some interviews, he's inspired by Blade Runner (and its sequel) and Ghost in the Shell He cites Vincent Van Gogh as one of his favourite all time artists, while Syd Mead, and Beeple Crap are the contemporary artists that influence him the most. D'Angelo is also known for having produced the short sci-fi movies First Dawn and Unknown Gravity, currently both in pre-production phase, although the release date will probably be delayed, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- "Tech Times: 3 Ultimate Cyberpunk Designing Hacks for Beginners by Visual Artist Dangiuz". CelebMix. 2020-08-26. Retrieved 2020-08-26.
- "Visual artist Dangiuz offers us a glimpse into a dystopian future".
- "Arte digitale: il movimento culturale sui social si diffonde sempre più anche in Italia". Blasting News (in Italian). 26 July 2020.
- "T-Ink Event" (in Italian).
- "有一说一，我就没见过这么牛叉的赛博朋克". Sohu.com (in Chinese).
- "Cyberpunk: Von der Dystopie zur Realität?". Arte.tv (in German).
- "Cyberpunk: de la dystopie à la réalité?". Arte.tv (in French).
- "Good follow: the digital works of @dangiuz". Facebook/JuxtapozMagazine.
- "DIGITAL PRODUCTION 06 : 2020" (in German).
- "Former Sham Shui Po homeless camp is now neon-lit 'cyberpunk' exhibition promoted by city's tourism board". Coconuts.co. 19 October 2020.
- "An Exclusive Interview with the Cyberpunk Pro Visual Artist Dangiuz". Yahoo! Finance. 2020-08-28.
- "Why Finding Your Niche Is Crucial To Excel And Succeed". Entrepreneur. 2020-11-25.
- "Visual Artist Dangiuz Explains How Technology Will Revolutionize Hollywood". Haute Living. 2020-10-15.
- ""Cyberpunk gives life to my dystopian visions," says Italy's Top Visual Artist Dangiuz". IBTimes. 2020-09-29.
- "Cyber Future: Tattooed Synthetic Humans by Dangiuz". Scene360. 2020-07-05.
- "Dangiuz ci mostra come sarà il mondo tra 30 anni". AgoraVox (in Italian). 2020-07-22.
- "Dangiuz: Artist from the future". Murze. 2020-07-08. Retrieved 2020-07-08.
- "First Dawn (2020) on IMDb".
- "Unknown Gravity (2020) on IMDb".
- "Dangiuz: How Visual Artist Dangiuz Mastered the Art for Cyberpunk Cinema". NetNewsLedger. 2020-08-21. Retrieved 2020-08-21.