|Born||January 17, 1969|
|Occupation||Writer. Technology Officer Microsoft|
Daniel Akenine, born January 17, 1969 in Sweden, is an author, IT architect and former researcher in neurophysics. In 2008 he was ranked by IDG as one of “Sweden’s top 10 developers/architects” and the same year appointed as National Technology Officer at Microsoft.
In 2015 Daniel received an IASA Fellowship for his work in the field of IT-architecture – one of the highest international awards in the field with profiles as Grady Booch as former recipients. In 2018 the newspapers Ny Teknik and Voister  described Akenine as one of the developers of the technology behind blockchain.
Akenine is a graduate of Lund University where he studied engineering physics, economics and law. After graduating Akenine began his career in a research group at Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, working with mathematical models of the human brain. During a later period at the Royal Institute of Technology, Akenine developed and launched one of the first anonymization services for Internet users. A service later acquired. During his time at the Nasdaq stock exchange, Akenine developed and patented the cryptographic algorithm SecureLog  – today mainly used in the financial sector to protect digital logs from tampering.
Akenine is the chairman for the Swedish IT architect organization which he co-founded in 2007. He is a frequent commentator on matters of IT and privacy and a member in the international ISO:s expert committee for cloud standards.
After writing mostly non-fiction books Akenine debuted in 2014 with the thriller 11 grams of truth. The novel is about a man named Simian, using big data, psychology and machine learning to succeed in manipulating our world towards a predetermined future. The rights to the book were sold to the United States before it was published  and Akenine was named by Aftonbladet, the largest newspaper in Sweden, as one of three debutants not to miss in 2014.
- 11 grams of truth (ISBN 9789186775933, 2014)
- The IT-architecture book (ISBN 9789175579535, 2014)
- Integrity (Ax:son Johnsons stiftelse, 2014)
- Migrating to the Cloud (ISBN 978-3826692246, 2013)
- "Ten top developers". Computer Sweden.
- Stefan Bohlin. "Daniel Akenine new CTO at Microsoft". IDG.
- "Iasa Global announces new Iasa Fellow Daniel Akenine". 2016-12-27.
- "Svenskarna som byggde en blockkedja långt innan bitcoin". Ny Teknik (in Swedish). Retrieved 2018-08-07.
- "Mannen som grundade blockkedjan". Voister. Retrieved 2018-08-07.
- Karin Lindström. "IT professions need to be clearer". Computer Sweden.
- Google Patent Search. "System and method for proving time and content of digital data in a monitored system". USPTO.
- "IASA Sweden".
- "Cloud Migration, Google Books".
- "Microsoft Security chief writes a book about our surveillance society". Hoi Publishing.
- Cecilia Gustavsson. "Here are the books you do not want to miss". Aftonbladet.