Daniel Wellington is a Swedish brand founded in 2011 by Filip Tysander. DW uses minimalist designs and social media marketing to sell watches to a younger generation of consumers. Since its inception, Daniel Wellington has sold over 6 million watches; the company has gained this success through its digital strategy in social networks like Instagram. Headquartered in central Stockholm in Sweden, the company has different networks[clarification needed] in over 25 countries.
The watches are made in China, designed in Sweden, and use quartz movement made by Miyota, a Japanese company, with the leather styles using Italian leather. Their "Classic" range of watches are named after British toponyms.
In February 2017 Daniel Wellington was named the fastest growing private company in Europe. The company made $230 million in revenue and $111.5 million in profit in 2016. The Swedish company has reported a three-year growth of 4.7%.
- Daniel Wellington perfect Instagram marketing strategy by Ignazio Mottola on medium.com, 2019-10-19. (Accessed 2019-06-19.)
- Instagram Marketing Case Study: How Daniel Wellington Owns Their Instagram Game on mediakix.com, 2019-05-18. (Accessed 2019-06-19.)
- "Dezeen Watch Store interview Daniel Wellington founder Filip Tysander". Dezeen Watch Store. 2014-04-04. Retrieved 2017-06-16.[permanent dead link]
- "How Daniel Wellington Made a $200 Million Business Out of Cheap Watches". Bloomberg.com. 2015-07-14. Retrieved 2017-11-06.
- "Classic" watches webpage on official Daniel Wellington website; last modified 2019. (Accessed 2019-04-07.)
- "Daniel Wellington the fastest growing private company in Europe — six Nordic rockets in Top 10". nordic.businessinsider.com. Archived from the original on 2019-01-04. Retrieved 2017-11-06.