||This article may lend undue weight to certain ideas, incidents, or controversies. (July 2015)|
|Born||Daniella Cicarelli Lemos
November 6, 1978
Lavras, Minas Gerais, Brazil
|Height||5'10.5" (179 cm)|
|Hair color||Light Brown|
|Eye color||Light Green|
In September 2006, a video of Cicarelli having sex with her boyfriend on a beach in Tarifa, Spain was shot by paparazzo Miguel Temprano and broadcast on the TV show Dolce Vita on the Spanish station Telecinco. The video was spread around the internet, with Cicarelli was granted legal injunctions against YouTube and other websites, leading to several Brazilian ISPs blocking YouTube. In January 2007 after a legal decision, YouTube was blocked in Brazil for two days, resulting in 5.7 million users being blocked. This decision was criticized by internet watch groups for being an extremely selfish act. This happened when Cicarelli worked as a host on MTV Brasil, provoking a torrent of nearly 80,000 emails protesting against the blockade and her legal actions. Some people even went to the building of the TV station to protest.
In 2007, YouTube won the case, based on the fact that there is no expectation of privacy on a public beach. Cicarelli appealed and in 2008 the Supreme Court of the state of São Paulo changed the decision, based on the fact there is no public interest in that video and there was privacy invasion. The lawsuit isn't finished yet, because YouTube appealed and now wait for the judgment by the Federal Supreme Court. YouTube remains active in Brazil.
- "China Daily". China Daily. 2005-05-12. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- [dead link]
- "Cicarelli processa Globo, iG e YouTube por causa de vídeo de paparazzo - Internet - IDG Now!". Idgnow.uol.com.br. 2006-09-21. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- "Brazil model wins YouTube battle". BBC News. January 5, 2007.
- "Protesto na MTV contra Cicarelli Gulp Â¬ Links Â¬Â¬ by Gulp Â¬ Links Â¬Â¬". Gulp.com.br. 2007-01-13. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- Louis Belanger, Canada (2007-01-12). "Cicarelli Case: Censorship and Boycott Dialectics in the Brazilian Blogosphere · Global Voices". Globalvoicesonline.org. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- "ISTOÉ Gente". Terra.com.br. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- "Daniella Cicarelli ganha ação contra YouTube em bloqueio de vídeo - Internet - IDG Now!". Idgnow.uol.com.br. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- Sex Video of Merrill Banker, MTV Host Eclipses Brazil Election, Bloomberg.com, September 29, 2006.
- Brazil model wins YouTube battle , BBC News, January 5, 2007
- (Portuguese) A Dona da Ação - Cicarelli é autora do processo contra o YouTube
- Anderson, Nate (2007-06-28). "YouTube wins "supermodel sex on the beach" case". Arstechnica.com. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Daniella Cicarelli.|
|This biographical article about a model is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Brazilian biographical article related to television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|