|Born||May 25, 1969|
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
|Occupation||Writer, Public Speaker, Publisher.|
Born in Windsor, Ontario, LaPorte is the author of three non-fiction books with an emphasis on conscious goal-setting and entrepreneurship. Her newest, White Hot Truth looks at the current dynamics of the self-help culture and spiritual devotion. She is also the co-author of a book on personal style.
The Desire Map: A Guide To Creating Goals With Soul has been translated into 8 languages, evolved into a yearly day planner system, a top 10 iTunes app, and an international workshop program with licensed facilitators in 15 countries.
LaPorte's website, DanielleLaPorte.com (formerly WhiteHotTruth.com), discusses spirituality, entrepreneurship, and personal growth. Forbes named her blog one of the top 100 websites for women in 2012, calling LaPorte "a contrarian self-help guru."
Without a college degree, LaPorte began working at The Body Shop in one of their retail stores. After requesting and receiving several promotions, LaPorte became director of Social Inventions at The Body Shop's Canadian headquarters,
I just kept doing big things, then asking for promotions once I did them. Doing, asking, doing, asking.— Danielle LaPorte, 
Prior to founding DanielleLaPorte.com, LaPorte was Executive Director of The Arlington Institute think tank in Washington, DC, a partner at Carrie & Danielle, Inc., and was a communications strategist at The Next Level communications agency. She was also a regular contributor on business and career topics on the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation News Network show, Connect with Mark Kelley.
Named one of the "Top 100 Websites for Women" by Forbes, millions of visitors go to DanielleLaPorte.com every month for her daily #Truthbombs and what's been called "the best place online for kickass spirituality."
In 2016 LaPorte founded, VIRTUONICA a multi-media publishing division of Danielle LaPorte, Inc.
LaPorte's virtual company, Danielle LaPorte Inc. is made up of a core team of 11 employees, in 5 countries.
Danielle was born in Windsor, Ontario, and grew up in the rural parts of Essex County. She is an only child, born shortly after her parents graduated highschool. Her parents are divorced. Danielle considered a career in fashion design. She bartended, waitressed, worked in women's fashion retail, and managed an apartment building. She did not attend college or university. She was the personal assistant and marketing support for a number of self-help authors and then moved into freelance publicity.
She has lived in Toronto, Ontario; Santa Fe, New Mexico; Seattle, Washington; Los Angeles, California, Washington, DC; and Vancouver, BC.
- Style Statement, Little, Brown and Company, 2008, ISBN 0-316-06716-4 (co-authored with Carrie McCarthy)
- The Fire Starter Sessions, Crown Archetype, April 2012, ISBN 978-0-307-95210-3
- The Desire Map, White Hot Press (Danielle LaPorte Inc.), December 2012
- The Desire Map, (revised edition) Sounds True, January 2014, ISBN 978-1-62203-251-8
- The Desire Map, (Spanish edition) Sounds True, ISBN 978-84-414-3576-6
- White Hot Truth, Virtuonica, May 2017, ISBN 978-0-9976514-0-9
- White Hot Truth eBook, Virtuonica, May 2017, ISBN 978-0-9976514-5-4
- The Desire Map Experience, Sounds True, January 2014, ISBN 978-1-62203-243-3
- The Desire Map Daily, Sounds True, January 2014, ISBN 978-1-62203-244-0
- The Desire Map Audiobook, Sounds True, January 2014
- White Hot Truth Audiobook, Virtuonica, May 2017 ISBN 978-0-9976514-6-1
- The Fire Starter Sessions Audio Course
- The Desire Map Graphic Maker. Declare & share your desires.
- Conversation Starters: A Desire Map App
- The #Truthbomb App
- The Desire Map Planner From Danielle LaPorte 2018 Daily Edition (Charcoal & Gold), ISBN 978-0-9976514-1-6
- The Desire Map Planner From Danielle LaPorte 2018 Daily Edition (Teals & Gold), ISBN 978-0-9976514-4-7
- The Desire Map Planner From Danielle LaPorte 2018 Weekly Edition (Charcoal & Gold), ISBN 978-0-9976514-2-3
- The Desire Map Planner From Danielle LaPorte 2018 Weekly Edition (Pinks & Gold), ISBN 978-0-9976514-3-0
- The Desire Map Planner From Danielle LaPorte 2019 Daily Edition (Charcoal), ISBN 978-0-9976514-7-8
- The Desire Map Planner From Danielle LaPorte 2019 Daily Edition (Blue and Red), ISBN 978-0-9976514-8-5
- The Desire Map Planner From Danielle LaPorte 2019 Interactive Planner (iPad)
- The Desire Map Planner From Danielle LaPorte 2019 Daily Printable
- The Desire Map Planner From Danielle LaPorte 2019 Weekly Edition (Charcoal), ISBN 978-0-9976514-9-2
- The Desire Map Planner From Danielle LaPorte 2019 Weekly Edition (Purple and Green), ISBN 978-1-7321514-0-6
- The Desire Map Planner From Danielle LaPorte 2019 Weekly Interactive (iPad)
- The Desire Map Planner From Danielle LaPorte 2019 Weekly Printable
- The Desire Map Planner From Danielle LaPorte 2019 Undated Edition (Charcoal), ISBN 978-1-7321514-1-3
- The Desire Map Planner From Danielle LaPorte 2019 Undated Edition (Gold and White), ISBN 978-1-7321514-2-0
- Truthbomb Card Deck - Volume 1 (2017 revisions), ISBN 978-0-9969052-8-2
- Truthbomb Card Deck - Volume 2 (2017 revisions), ISBN 978-0-9969052-8-2
- Mathison, Susan (April 12, 2012). "Ignite the Conversation". Positively Beautiful.
- "Home • Danielle LaPorte: white hot truth + sermons on life". Danielle LaPorte: white hot truth + sermons on life. Retrieved 2017-02-22.
- Gold, Kerry (March 12, 2013). "The new generation of self-help gurus: The new guard of motivation mavericks ply their trade online". MSN Money Canada.
- Howard, Caroline (June 20, 2012). "Top 100 Websites For Women 2012". Forbes.
- "Meet the SuperSoul100: The World's Biggest Trailblazers in One Room". O Magazine. 1 Aug 2016. Retrieved 5 Jul 2018.
- Ellsberg, Michael (20 April 2012). "The Education of an Entrepreneur, Episode 2: The Story of Danielle LaPorte". Forbes. Retrieved 2013-06-02.
- O'Connell, Sandra (April 7, 2012). "Interview from a bar stool with Danielle LaPorte". The Province. Archived from the original on 2013-05-29.
- Kling, Cynthia (May 2007). "Phone Date with Style Destiny" (PDF). Domino Magazine.
- "TechVibes". Retrieved May 10, 2012.
- Krug, Carly Baillie (November 2006). "Fashion Equation" (PDF). Flare.
- "Carrie and Danielle". The Startup Princess. Retrieved April 17, 2013.
- "Real Life with Danielle LaPorte". Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved April 17, 2013.