October 21, 1954 |
As a corporate and trade-show performer, he has presented hundreds of magic shows for business settings over the past 20 years. He travels over 75,000 miles annually, performing at trade shows that have included the TDWI World Conference, Networld+Interop and the Embedded Systems Conference. His list of clients includes Hewlett-Packard, American Express, Aon Corporation, ExxonMobil, and Western Union.
Orleans' path as a magician educator began when he earned his degree in Education from Northwestern University. Orleans went on to teach both Algebra and preschool at Chicago area public and private schools. From 1980 to 2000 he toured North America performing magic in thousands of schools, theaters and children's museums (including the Riverside Theatre in Vero Beach, Florida).
Orleans has written, appeared in, or contributed to numerous instructional texts on magic, including a series of ten books and magic sets with DVDs for New York publisher, Scholastic Corporation. In 2010, Chronicle Books published an interactive magic book he created called Magic Scratchers. It is the first magic book using scratch-off technology to create the illusion that it can read the mind of the reader. He has also written on magic subjects for magicians' trade publications, Genii (magazine) and Magic (magazine).
In 2013, Mr. Orleans released a set of DVDs for the magic community entitled, The Art of Presenting Magic to Children. The success of this release gave him instant notoriety as an expert on the performance of magic to young people. He and his wife Jan Rose are now lecturing worldwide to magicians, educating them on the use of audience management skills and child psychology in order to make their youth performances more successful.
- The Art of Presenting Magic to Children (3 DVD set); Danny Orleans
- The Art of Presenting Magic to Teenagers (3 DVD set); Danny Orleans
- Complete Idiot's Guide to Magic by Tom Ogden; Danny Orleans, contributor
- A Dozen Red Noses by Steve Kissell; Danny Orleans, contributor
- Funny Magic: How To Do Tricks That Make People Laugh by Tom Mason, Dan Danko, Danny Orleans, John Railing
- Instant Miracles With Everyday Objects DVD with Danny Orleans for Royal Magic
- Kids Show Masterplan by Danny Orleans
- Magic Scratchers by Danny Orleans
- Scholastic Party Magic by Danny Orleans et al.
- Secrets of the Great Magicians DVD with Danny Orleans for Royal Magic
- 3D Kid Show Lecture DVD; Danny Orleans, David Kaye, Doug Scheer
- "TDWI World Conference Fall 2005 - Exhibit Hall Highlights". November 1, 2005. Retrieved December 2, 2009.
- "MagicTimes, Volume 7, Issue 497". May 10, 1999. Archived from the original on September 22, 2010.
- "MagicTimes, Volume 11, Issue 309". November 3, 1998. Archived from the original on October 12, 2008.
- "Official Site: Riverside Theatre". Archived from the original on April 26, 2009. Retrieved December 2, 2009.
- "Join the Ultimate Magic Club, created by Danny Orleans and John Railing". Retrieved December 2, 2009.
- "Genii Magazine; Danny Orleans, Columnist and Trick Reviewer". Retrieved December 2, 2009.
- "Magic Magazine; "School Show Magic" by Danny Orleans, 1994, Volume 8, p. 36-41". Retrieved December 2, 2009.