|Full name||David McSweeney|
|Date of birth||28 December 1981|
|Place of birth||Basildon, England|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|2004||→ Welling United (loan)||?||(?)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19:45, 12 November 2013 (UTC).
He has also played for Southend United in the Football League from 2000 to 2004. He then dropped into non-League football and had a brief loan spell with Crawley Town in 2004, before joining Billericay Town on a permanent basis. He is also a builder whilst playing semi-professional football.
McSweeney joined Southend United as a youth, aged 15. He made his debut in the Second Division for Southend United on 14 October 2000, at home to York City in the 1–0 victory, replacing Garry Cross in the 73rd minute. He went on to make 70 appearances in The Football League for Southend, scoring one goal, which came against Carlisle United on 20 September 2004. He was loaned out to Welling United towards the end of his Southend career.
McSweeney then dropped into non-League football joining Essex outfit Billericay Town in the summer of 2004, after training with Crawley Town and Dagenham & Redbridge. He made over 200 appearances for the club. After five years with Billericay, McSweeney left the club stating he signed for Grays Athletic in the Conference National in June 2009. He rejoined Billericay making his second debut on 26 September in the 4–2 away loss against Chesham United.
- "Player profile: David McSweeney". Non-League Daily. Retrieved 2009-04-08.
- "Results/Fixtures: Southend 1-0 York". Soccerbase. Retrieved 2009-04-06.
- "Players: Dave McSweeney". Soccerbase. Retrieved 2009-04-06.
- Robert Craven (2004-12-28). "TLG Review of 2004 – May". Southend United Mad. Retrieved 2009-04-08.
- "Player Profile: Dave McSweeney". Billericay Town F.C. Retrieved 2009-04-06.[dead link]
- "McSweeney quits Town to join up with Grays". Echo. 2009-06-08. Retrieved 2009-06-08.
- "Chesham United 4, Billericay Town 2". Echo. 2009-09-28. Retrieved 2009-10-02.