|Alma mater||St. Xavier's School, Delhi, St. Stephen's College, Delhi|
|In Search of a Future|
David Devadas is an Indian journalist and an author. He is a Contributing Editor at Firstpost. His first book on the Kashmir conflict, In Search of a Future, which discusses the history of Kashmir conflict from 1931 onwards, was critically acclaimed.
Devadas is the author of the The Generation of Rage in Kashmir (published by Oxford University Press), and In Search of a Future: The Story of Kashmir, a book on the Kashmir dispute. He has served as Distinguished Fellow at the Institute of Social Sciences. He has also been a Senior Fellow at the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library, Visiting Professor at Jamia Millia Islamia, and Political Editor of Business Standard He is a journalist with three decades of experience and has reported for India Today, The Indian Express, Gulf News, Hindustan Times and The Economic Times. He was a political editor at Business Standard. He served as a visiting professor at Jamia Millia Islamia University in 2005 and a senior fellow at the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library (2009–11). He has edited Jammu and Kashmir's largest English daily and worked at the Islamic University of Science and Technology at Awantipora, Kashmir.
- In Search of a Future (2007)
- The Generation of Rage in Kashmir (2018)
- The Story of Kashmir: Geopolitics, Politics, Society, Culture and Changing Aspirations (2019)
- "Between 'azadi' and 'national interest': Half-truths on Kashmir widen the gulf of ignorance and hate". scroll.in/author/11426. Retrieved 26 March 2018.
- "David Devadas Interacts with IDSA Scholars on Kashmir | Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses". idsa.in. Retrieved 8 July 2018.
- "The 'K' factor". The Hindu. 8 December 2007. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 8 July 2018.
- "David Devadas". TheWire.in. Retrieved 26 March 2018.
- D, Devadas. "DavidDavadas". FirstPost. FirstPost. Retrieved 13 October 2010.
- Bhattacherjee, Kallol (16 September 2019). "Ordinary Kashmiris hit by successive developments: former J&K Governor Vohra". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 16 September 2019.
- David Devadas's articles published by Firstpost https://www.firstpost.com/author/david-devadas
- David Devadas's articles published by The Wire https://thewire.in/author/david-devadas
- David Devadas's articles published by Scroll.in https://scroll.in/author/11426
- Reportage published in Business Standard https://www.business-standard.com/author/search/keyword/david-devadas