This biographical article is written like a résumé. (August 2017)
He studies the notion of the "Chinese Renaissance". In his approach of China (中国 - ZHONG GUO) he insists on the importance of the notion of centrality 中-(ZHONG)："Zhong -- 中, or centrality -- is one of the most ancient and common Chinese characters and, in an analogy which sheds a light on China's global modus operandi, its polysemy in the Chinese historical and cultural context mirrors three important measures of centrality in the field of graph theory".
What he calls the "Xi Jinping Decade" is an important moment of the "Chinese Renaissance". The Chinese dream, a key element of the Xi Jinping Decade, is approached by Gosset in the following terms: "Concept and project, definition and positioning of a nation in a century of change, Xi Jinping's China Dream can be presented as a triptych, the visions of "Modern China," "Global China" and "Civilizational China."
In 2001 David Gosset established the Academia Sinica Europaea at CEIBS (China Europe International Business School) and, one year later, he founded the Euro-China Forum, the oldest process of its kind. The 9th Euro-China Forum was organized with the UNESCO.
In order to study but also support the New Silk Road, he established the New Silk Road Initiative (NSRI) in January 2015.
In the framework of the New Silk Road Initiative he contributed as a curator and advisor to the major exhibition "From the Ancient to the New Silk Road" at the Presidential Palace of the Italian Republic.
David Gosset was awarded the "Cross of the Civil Order" in 2005 by the then King of Spain, Juan Carlos I, for his work with the Academia Sinica Europaea He also received an honorary distinction from the Republic of Bulgaria for the establishment of the Euro-China Forum.
By a presidential decree on Dec 31 2014 he was nominated Knight of the Legion of Honor (Chevalier de la Légion d'honneur).
In September 2015 he received the Friendship Award from the Tianjin Municipality.
- Limited Views on The Chinese Renaissance（《中华复兴管窥》）, Shanghai Translation Publishing House，2018
- Xi-Trump meeting: practical step for China-US relations,The Telegraph, April 19, 2017
- China and Africa on new silk roads, article in "Preview Policy Report for the 2018 Beijing FOCAC Summit ",Chinawatch, August 29, 2018
- Us Space Force a counterproductive reality, Chinawatch, August 17, 2018
- Chinese ‘Renaissance’ to a world of shared destiny, Chinawatch, June 22, 2018
- Vice-President Pence creates fallacious narratives,Chinawatch, October 5, 2018
- Ordering disorder,Chinawatch, November 29, 2018
- Sino-French relations help build global future, ChinaDaily, January 28, 2019
- Sino-Western Diptych：Reflections on history, philosophy and art, Chinawatch, February 18, 2019
- Europe-China Forum founder: Tianjin could be new century super-smart city, ChinaDaily, March 18, 2019
- The EU and China as Co-architects of a "Smart BRI", Chinawatch, April 10, 2019
- A clear call for HK's normal, Chinawatch, August 13, 2019
- 高大伟, on baike.baike.com (consulted Aug 9 2018)
- Andrew Moody, A major gap in understanding, chinadaily.com.cn, April 5, 2013: "At CEIBS, where he gives lectures in Chinese, he has established himself as one of the foremost foreign academics in China."
- The Sino-Western Relations In A World of Change : Toward a Mutually Transformative Co-existence, huffingtonpost.com, June 9, 2016.
- The Chinese Renaissance and the Making of a New World, huffingtonpost.com, November 28, 2012.
- Chinese Centralities, on huffingtonpost.com, April 22, 2012.
- 2013 and Beyond: Entering the Xi Jinping Decade, on huffingtonpost.com, January 10, 2013.
- The China Dream and the Liyuan Style, huffingtonpost.com, May 22, 2013.
- Andrew Moody,A major gap in understanding, chinadaily.com.cn, April 5, 2013: "[He] joined CEIBS in Shanghai in 1999 ; set up the Academia Sinica Europea in 2001 [...]."
- 中欧论坛, baike.baidu.com
- "Programme meetings | United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization", www.unesco.org (consulted Aug 9 2018).
- 《南开大学丝绸之路研究中心成立》, www.scio.gov.cn, July 2, 2015
- Redazione, "Dall’antica alla nuova Via della Seta”. Al Quirinale 80 capolavori raccontano i legami tra Occidente e Oriente ", artemagazine, December 6, 2016
- "CEIBS MBA Info Session - Navigating Global Disorder, What It Means For Your Career " on CEIBS, Septembre 10 2016
- "Prof. David Gosset" Archived 2018-07-25 at the Wayback Machine, international Cooperation Plateform.
- "CEIBS’ David Gosset Knighted by France | CEIBS ", www.ceibs.edu (consulted August 9, 2018)
- "David Gosset Receives Tianjin Friendship Award", on CEIBS, July 17, 2017.
- David Gosset at TEDxCEIBS, on YouTube by Newsilkroadidea, May 26 2018
- David Gosset, on YouTube by CGTN Français, May 5 2015
- "A Community of Destiny For Mankind" David Gosset at Vision China, Hangzhou, on video site bilibili by Chinadaily, April 15 2018
- Interview with Chinadaily David Gosset talks about "One Belt One Road", on the video site bilibili, April 13 2018
- Interview with Reference News in Paris, David Gosset talks about the "Chinese Renaissance", on Reference News, September 18 2018.
- David Gosset at The 4th Vision China talks, talks about the China-Africa Cooperation and the role that The Belt and Road Initiative will play in this, on YouTube by Newsilkroadidea, Sep 26 2018
- Interview with YICAI, David Gosset talks about the Chinese Renaissance and China-United States relations, on YICAI by Peng Xiaoling, Oct 12 2018
- Interview with BFM- Business in China, on BFM Business, Dec 18 2018
- Interview with RCI, David Gosset : la Chine vers une croissance plus qualitative et une ouverture approfondie, on Radio Chine International, Mar 14, 2019
- Interview with RCI, David Gosset : la visite du président Xi va approfondir le partenariat stratégique sino-européen, on Radio Chine International, Mar 21, 2019
- Interview with CCTV, David Gosset : "What do we need the most in the 21st century？world peace and shared development, and China is a responsible State and a great civilization in this regard, contributing a great share in making our world a peaceful and developed place", on YouTube by Newsilkidea, May 13, 2019.
- David Gosset: Tianjin might become a true smart city much faster than people think, website Exploring Tianjin, July 26, 2019