David Kenworthy, 11th Baron Strabolgi
David Montague de Burgh Kenworthy, 11th Baron Strabolgi (pronounced "Strabogie") (1 November 1914 – 24 December 2010) was a Labour Party peer.
- Captain of the Yeomen of the Guard: 11 March 1974 to 3 May 1979
- Deputy Chief Whip of the Labour Party in the House of Lords: 1974 to 1979
The title of Baron Strabolgi was created in 1318 for the tenth Earl of Atholl. The barony twice went into long periods of abeyance, during which no claim to hold it could be established, the second of these lasting for over three hundred years.
The second period of abeyance was terminated in 1916 in favour of Cuthbert Kenworthy, the grandfather of the 11th Baron Strabolgi, who succeeded Joseph Montague Kenworthy, 10th Baron Strabolgi in 1953.
Strabolgi died on 24 December 2010, at the age of 96. He was succeeded in the barony by his nephew, Andrew D.W. Kenworthy (born 1967), who became the 12th Baron Strabolgi.
- The Complete Peerage, (1998)
- Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 106th Edition (1999)
- Lord Strabolgi at thepeerage.com
- Labour members of the House of Lords
The Lord Denham
|Captain of the Yeomen of the Guard
The Lord Sandys
|Peerage of England|
|This biography of a baron or baroness in the Peerage of England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|