Limbaugh in 2016
David Scott Limbaugh
December 11, 1952
|Alma mater||Southeast Missouri State University, University of Missouri (B.A., J.D.)|
|Family||Rush Limbaugh (brother)|
David Scott Limbaugh (born December 11, 1952) is a conservative American political commentator and author who has also worked as a professor and as a lawyer. He is the younger brother of talk radio host Rush Limbaugh.
Life and career
David Limbaugh was born on December 11, 1952 in Cape Girardeau, Missouri to Mildred Carolyn "Millie" (née Armstrong) and Rush Hudson Limbaugh, Jr. Limbaugh's paternal grandfather was Missouri state representative, lawyer, and United States Ambassador Rush Hudson Limbaugh Sr..
Following high school, Limbaugh attended Southeast Missouri State University in 1971 and 1972, transferring to the University of Missouri, where he graduated cum laude with a bachelor's degree in political science. Limbaugh then went on to law school at Missouri where he received his Juris Doctor (J.D.) from the University of Missouri in 1978. He also served in the National Guard for six years. He has written columns that are carried by Creators Syndicate, Townhall.com, WorldNetDaily, Jewish World Review, and Newsmax. In addition to his legal and writing work, Limbaugh also works as an agent for several conservative talk radio hosts, including his brother.
After his admission to the bar in 1978, Limbaugh taught business law at Southeast Missouri State University. He currently practices law as a partner at The Limbaugh Firm and specializes in entertainment law.
Limbaugh was chosen by Christian authors Norman Geisler and Frank Turek to write the foreword to their book I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist (Crossway, 2004). In the book, Limbaugh states that he became a Christian after years of being a skeptic and that he now has a strong interest in Christian apologetics. Limbaugh describes himself as "an evangelical Christian".
Limbaugh and his wife, Lisa, have five children. Limbaugh has written several books, some of which have been bestsellers, such as Crimes Against Liberty, which was The New York Times' Non-fiction best seller for two weeks in 2010.
- Absolute Power: The Legacy of Corruption in the Clinton-Reno Justice Department (Regnery Publishing, March 2001, ISBN 0-89526-237-1)
- Persecution: How Liberals are Waging War Against Christians (Regnery Publishing, October 2003, ISBN 0-89526-111-1)
- Bankrupt: The Intellectual and Moral Bankruptcy of Today's Democratic Party (Regnery Publishing, September 2006; ISBN 1-59698-017-6)
- Crimes Against Liberty: An Indictment of President Barack Obama (Regnery Publishing, August 2010; ISBN 978-1-59698-624-4)
- The Great Destroyer: Barack Obama's War on the Republic (Regnery Publishing, June 4, 2012; ISBN 978-1596987777)
- Jesus on Trial: A Lawyer Affirms the Truth of the Gospel (Regnery Publishing, September 8, 2014; ISBN 978-1621572558)
- The Emmaus Code: Finding Jesus in the Old Testament (Regnery Publishing, November 9, 2015; ISBN 978-1621574156)
- The True Jesus: Uncovering the Divinity of Christ in the Gospels (Regnery Publishing, April 10, 2017; ISBN 978-1621576372)
- Jesus is Risen: Paul and the Early Church (Regnery Publishing, October 2, 2018; ISBN 978-1621577041)
- Guilty By Reason of Insanity: Why The Democrats Must Not Win (Regnery Publishing, October 29, 2019; ISBN 978-1621579885)
- "About David Limbaugh, author of an opinion column from Creators Syndicate". Creators.com. Retrieved 2014-12-26.
- "The Cross Was Preceded by the Cradle". Creators.com.
- "David Limbaugh – Jewish World Review". Jewish World Review. Retrieved June 5, 2019.
- "David Limbaugh – Conservative View". Newsmax. Retrieved 25 November 2013.
- Avlon, Jon (May 7, 2013). "The high cost of Rush: Talker bleeds millions from his carriers as toxic talk slumps; Cumulus set to part ways with Rush". The Daily Beast.
- "David Limbaugh - Biography". newsmax.com. Newsmax Media, Inc. Retrieved 30 October 2019.
- "The Limbaugh Firm – Attorney Profiles – David S. Limbaugh". Limbaugh Law.
- Norman L. Geisler and Frank Turek, I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist, 7.
- David Limbaugh (September 25, 2015). "The Pope-Exploiter in Chief".
- "Hardcover Nonfiction". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- Official website
- Podcasts of Limbaugh's recent articles
- Publisher's official book description for Bankrupt by David Limbaugh
- Publisher's official book description for Persecution by David Limbaugh
- Publisher's official book description for Absolute Power by David Limbaugh
- David Limbaugh Features at Creators Syndicate
- Appearances on C-SPAN