David Miller (American football)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Date of birth:||June 27, 1984|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||260 lb (118 kg)|
|High school:||Cullman (AL)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Player stats at ArenaFan.com|
High school career
Miller attended Cullman High School in Cullman, Alabama, and was a student and a letterman in football and track. In football, the Alabama Sportswriters Association (ASWA) named him to the All-State Team. As a senior, he was also named to the Birmingham News "Best of the Rest" and rewarded as his team's "Most Valuable Defensive Lineman." Miller played in the North-South All-Star Game after tallying 120 tackles and 22 sacks as a senior. He had 52 career sacks while playing at Cullman.
At the University of Alabama at Birmingham, Miller was redshirted in 2002 as a true freshman. A versatile player, who played defensive end, defensive tackle, nose tackle, and linebacker, sometimes all in the same game. His primary position was defensive end, at which he started four years for the UAB Blazers and played in 46 contests.
Miller was not drafted in the 2007 NFL Draft and decided to sign with the Arizona Rattlers of the AFL for the 2008 season. The Rattlers eventually waived him injured after he sustained a shoulder injury that required surgery.
After coming off surgery Miller was the first defensive end selected by the Virginia Senators in the 2009 UNGL Draft, but due to insufficient financial backing the league was unable to get off the ground for its inaugural season. 
Rio Grande Valley Dorados
New York Sentinels
- UAB Football Official Site. "UAB Player Bio". Retrieved Dec 23, 2009.
- Ratters, Arizona. "Arizona Rattlers Team Roster". Retrieved Dec 19, 2009.
- The Roanoke Times. "UNGL Calls Delay of Game". Retrieved Dec 19, 2009.[permanent dead link]
- Eskimos, Edmonton. "Edmonton Eskimos Transactions". Archived from the original on 2010-01-01. Retrieved Dec 19, 2009.
- Dorados, Rio Grande Valley. "Rio Grande Valley Dorados Roster". Retrieved December 19, 2009.
- United Football League. "Sentinels add 16 to roster". Archived from the original on December 10, 2009. Retrieved Dec 19, 2009.
- UFL Access. "UFL transactions". Archived from the original on 2009-09-26. Retrieved Dec 19, 2009.