Marquette, Michigan, United States
|Known for||Fantasy art|
He studied painting at the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Art in Philadelphia from 2000 to 2004. He was "informally mentored" by Bell and Vallejo and also studied with artist Burt Silverman.
According to the science fiction scholar and critic Gary Westfahl, concluding a short biography late in 2012, "If he continues upon his upward path, Palumbo may be able to prove, unlike his stepbrother Dorian Vallejo, that it is not always a burden to have a famous parent."
As an illustrator, Palumbo works mainly in the fantasy and science fiction genres, where he has painted cover art and interior art for dozens of books and magazines as well as numerous illustrations for Magic: The Gathering. Palumbo has also been a regular contributor to Heavy Metal Magazine since 2008 as one of the creators involved in the Tarot feature. He has provided artwork for collectable card games, comic covers, album covers, film posters, magazine covers, advertisements, and film preproduction and his artwork has appeared in such publications as Spectrum, ImagineFX, and 2D Artist Magazine. Other clients include Marvel Comics, Tor.com, Lucasfilm, Night Shade Books, Pyr, and Road Runner Records. His client list also includes Acclaim Entertainment, Black Library, Riley Films, Science Fiction Book Club, Solaris Books, Upper Deck Entertainment, and Wizards of the Coast.
He often uses models from the Cabaret Red Light and Revival Burlesque troupes.
Palumbo has also been showing personal works in fine art galleries since 2003. Since then, he has shown in galleries in Philadelphia, New York, Chicago, London, and Paris. In 2010, Brand Studio Press released a collected volume of Palumbo's fine art nudes.
- "Palumbo, David". Revised October 22, 2014. The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction (sf-encyclopedia.com). Retrieved 2014-12-19.
The entry is signed 'GW' for Gary Westfahl ("Contributors"). All information used here dates from the November 22, 2012, original version of the entry.
-  Archived July 7, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
-  Archived February 18, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- David Palumbo at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database (ISFDB). Retrieved 2014-12-19. Select a title to see its linked publication history and general information. Select a particular edition (title) for more data at that level, such as a front cover image or linked contents.
- "Julie Bell, Boris Vallejo, Anthony Palumbo, and David Palumbo Tarot". Tor.com. Retrieved 20 December 2014.
- "Votre recherche : palumbo - Galerie Daniel Maghen". Danielmaghen.com. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- [dead link]