April 24, 1966 |
Port Chester, New York
|Occupation||Reality TV star, wedding planner, fashion designer Author|
David Tutera is an American celebrity wedding planner, bridal fashion designer, designer, author and professional speaker. He is the host of WE tv’s show, My Fair Wedding with David Tutera and David Tutera's CELEBrations. Tutera is the author of seven books.
Tutera’s grandfather, a successful florist, first noticed his grandson’s artistic ability at an early age and encouraged David to pursue his passion. At age 19, with the advice of his grandfather and only one client, Tutera opened his events planning business.
Tutera currently resides in Los Angeles.
Currently in its 6th season, My Fair Wedding with David Tutera airs on WE tv. When asked about featuring a gay wedding on his wedding planning show, Tutera replied that he has "no hand in the casting process."
Tutera has partnered with Mon Cheri to launch the "David Tutera for Mon Cheri" wedding dress collection. He has teamed with Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores to create Down the Aisle in Style™, a line of wedding accessories. He is also a professional speaker hired to lecture on the topics of weddings, lifestyle and design.
Tutera contributes a regular column in Bridal Guide magazine.
Tutera was named by Modern Bride magazine as one of the Top 25 Trendsetters of The Year.
- My Fair Wedding (Gallery Books)
- The Big White Book Of Weddings: The How-To Guide For The Savvy, Stylish Bride (St. Martins Press)
- Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings (Disney Publishing)
- Big Birthdays (Bulfinch Press)
- The Party Planner (Bulfinch Press)
- America Entertains: A Year of Imaginative Parties (Stewart, Tabori and Chang)
- A Passion for Parties: Your Guide to Elegant Entertaining (Simon & Schuster)
His planning list includes Star Jones' wedding, Shannen Doherty's Malibu wedding to Kurt Iswarienko, NY Giants Antonio Pierce’s wedding and events for Jennifer Lopez, Matthew McConaughey, the Official Post Grammy Parties in New York City, Elton John, Barbara Walters, The Rolling Stones, Vice President Al Gore at the White House, Kenneth Cole, Tommy Hilfiger, Susan Lucci, the John F. Kennedy Center, and film premieres and celebrity parties for royalty, politicians and socialites. Tutera has designed events for charities including the Prevent Cancer Foundation, the Alzheimer’s Association, DIFFA (Design Industries Foundation Fighting AIDS) and The Nature Conservancy.
- Henry, Alison. "Design Trends w/ David Tutera". Carolina Bride. McClatchy. Retrieved November 23, 2009.[dead link]