|Alma mater||Brown University|
|The Uninhabitable Earth|
David Wallace-Wells is an American journalist known for his writings on climate change. He wrote the 2017 essay "The Uninhabitable Earth", which he later expanded into the 2019 book The Uninhabitable Earth.
Early life and education
David Wallace-Wells' work has appeared in New York magazine, where he is a deputy editor. He also writes for The Guardian. He is a National Fellow at New America. In March 2019, he appeared on The Joe Rogan Experience podcast. On July 17, 2019, Wallace-Wells appeared on an episode of The Doctor's Farmacy, a video produced by the functional physician, Mark Hyman M.D.
Since 2017, Wallace-Wells has written extensively about climate change in New York magazine. He has said that he is optimistic about the earth's environmental future, but he remains cautious. He has said that no matter the degree of environmental damage, "it will always be the case that the next decade could contain more warming, and more suffering, or less warming and less suffering."
His best known work is "The Uninhabitable Earth", an article published July 9, 2017 in New York magazine. The essay received mixed to negative criticism from some scientists, but was considered an important and impactful work by many reviewers. He later turned the work into a full-length book of the same name, published in 2019.
- "Where did David Wallace-Wells go to college?". www.google.com. Retrieved 2019-09-07.
- "New York Magazine's Sex Lives Podcast: The Couple That Shares a Toothbrush". www.thecut.com. Retrieved 2019-09-26.
- "Most recent articles by David Wallace-Wells". New York Magazine. Retrieved 2019-06-23.
- "On the Cover: What Climate Change Has in Store for Los Angeles". New York Magazine. Retrieved 2019-06-23.
- Haskell, David George (2019-02-17). "The Uninhabitable Earth: A Story of the Future by David Wallace-Wells – review". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2019-02-19.
- "David Wallace-Wells". New America. Retrieved 2019-05-25.
- "Joe Rogan Experience #1259 - David Wallace-Wells". Retrieved 7 March 2019.
- Hyman, Mark, Why Climate Change is Worse Than You Think, The Doctor's Farmacy, Episode 63, July 17, 2019
- Wallace-Wells, David (2019-02-04). "The Cautious Case for Climate Optimism (From a Climate Alarmist)". Intelligencer. Retrieved 2019-05-25.
- Wallace-Wells, David (July 10, 2017). "The Uninhabitable Earth". New York Magazine.
- "Scientists explain what New York Magazine article on "The Uninhabitable Earth" gets wrong". Climate Feedback. 2017-07-12. Retrieved 2019-09-07.
- Illing, Sean (Feb 24, 2019). "It is absolutely time to panic about climate change". Vox.
- "Can David Wallace-Wells Scare Us Into Addressing Climate Change?". Slate Magazine. 2019-02-15. Retrieved 2019-02-19.
- Kiser, Barbara (2019-02-13). "The shadow side of sport, cosmic cataclysms, and human culture underground: Books in brief". Nature. 566 (7743): 179. Bibcode:2019Natur.566..179K. doi:10.1038/d41586-019-00520-3. S2CID 61156470.
- "'Uninhabitable Earth' Spotlights 3 Climate Change Misunderstandings". NPR.org. Retrieved 2019-02-19.
|This article about an American journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|