|Western Australian Minister for Transport|
17 March 2014
|Member of the Western Australian Legislative Assembly
for Alfred Cove
9 March 2013
|Preceded by||Janet Woollard|
5 February 1966 |
Wagin, Western Australia
|Political party||Liberal Party of Australia|
|Relations||Cambell Nalder (father)
Crawford Nalder (grandfather)
Dean Cambell Nalder (born 5 February 1966) is an Australian sportsman and politician. He serves as the Liberal member for the Western Australian Legislative Assembly seat of Alfred Cove. Nalder has been the Minister for Transport since March 2014, and also served as Minister for Finance from March to December 2014.
Dean Cambell Nalder was born on 5 February 1966. His father, Cambell Nalder, and grandfather, Crawford Nalder, were National Party members of parliament. He was educated at Wesley College in Perth and the Curtin University of Technology. He holds a bachelor's degree in business and a graduate diploma in applied finance.
Following the resignation of former Treasurer and Minister for Transport, Troy Buswell, from the Barnett Ministry on 10 March 2014, Nalder was appointed Minister for Transport and Minister for Finance, because the former Minister for Finance, Mike Nahan, had been promoted to Treasurer.
Nalder was removed as Minister of Finance in December 2014 after allegations emerged of potential conflicts of interest between his private business interests and his ministerial responsibilities. The allegations included that he had failed to properly disclose a personal investment he had made in Metier Asia and had a potential conflict of interest relating to a car leasing company which provided services to public servants under a scheme administered by his own department. Western Australian Premier Colin Barnett ordered a review of Nalder's private financial interests and, despite the review finding no evidence that Nalder had sought or gained any personal benefit, criticised him for "serious errors of judgement" and demoted him as the Minister for Finance. Nalder accepted his demotion and acknowledged that he had made mistakes which had "created the perception of a potential wrong-doing." .
- "Mr Dean Cambell Nalder MLA". Parliament of Western Australia. Retrieved 8 April 2013.
- "Alfred Cove - 2013 Western Australian Election". ABC News. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 22 March 2013.
- "Big names back Alfred Cove". The West Australian. 1 August 2012. Retrieved 22 March 2013.
- "Dean Nalder". Linked in. Retrieved 2014-12-02.
- "South Fremantle League Players 1900 - 2010" (PDF). South Fremantle Football Club. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 February 2014. Retrieved 22 March 2013.
- "WA Minister Dean Nalder stripped of finance portfolio after conflict of interest concerns". ABC News. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 8 December 2014. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "ABC_News" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
|Western Australian Legislative Assembly|
|Member for Alfred Cove