From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the central Asian farm classification, see Dehkan farm.
The Deccan is a plateau in southern and central India.
Deccan may also refer to:
- Deccan Gymkhana, a neighbourhood in Pune, India
- Deccan Park (park), a Global Development centre in Hyderabad, India
- Deccan Park (building), in Hyderabad, India
- Deccan Riots, 19th century riots in Maharashtra
- Deccan Famine of 1630–32, a famine where some 2,000,000 people died
- Deccan (airline), India's first low-cost airline, based in Bangalore, India
- Deccan Charters, an airline based in Bangalore, India
- Deccan Airways Limited, an airline based in Hyderabad before independence
- Deccan Lanka, a low-cost Sri Lankan airline based in Colombo
- Deccan Chargers, former Indian Premier League cricket team based in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Deccan Mujahideen, an alleged terrorist group in India
- Deccan States Agency, an administrative unit in British India
- Deccan sultanates, Muslim kingdoms ruling southern India during 15th-17th centuries
- Deccan Odyssey, a train traveling from Mumbai to several locations in Maharashtra and Goa
- Deccan Queen, a daily train traveling between Mumbai and Pune
- Deccan Chronicle, an Indian English-language newspaper
- Deccan Herald, an Indian English-language newspaper
- Dakhini or Deccani, a language spoken in Deccan Plateau
- Deccan Traps, the remnants of one of the world's largest volcanic events
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Deccan.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.