Decisive Analytics Corporation
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
DECISIVE ANALYTICS Corporation is an employee-owned engineering company headquartered in Arlington, Virginia with offices in Alexandria, Virginia, Huntsville, Alabama, Dayton, Ohio, Jeffersonville, Indiana, Colorado Springs, Colorado, and Huntington Beach, California. Clients include United States Intelligence Community, Missile Defense Agency, United States Department of Defense and commercial customers. https://static1.squarespace.com/static/55e4802fe4b00c27bbe03ab2/t/5898e79903596eb74551186c/1486419528147/MobileFallback.png?format=2500w
Products and Services
DECISIVE ANALYTICS provides analytical products and services to government agencies and commercial clients. Capabilities include: Intelligent Decision Support Systems, Video Asset Management, Systems Analysis, Acquisition Support, Strategic and Operational User Support, International Support and System Security Engineering.
Systems Engineering, Life-Cycle Logistics, Acquisition Management, Cybersecurity & IA, Geospatial Intelligence Analysis, Space & Missile Defense, Media Integration & C2, International Support
Target Discrimination & Data Fusion, Decision Support Systems, Planning & Mission Design
Launched in 2016 ,(http://analytics.dac.us)
WRANGLING DIFFICULT DATA
Ingest of data that is ugly, clean, and every format in between. We get data into a form that can be utilized by machine learning. NATURAL LANGUAGE PROCESSING
Insight into text through topic modeling, relationship extraction, entity resolution, semantic search, and event detection. IMAGERY AND VIDEO PROCESSING
Turn streaming imagery and video into actionable information through the identification of objects, actions, events. MACHINE LEARNING VISUALIZATION
Interactive explanations of results from (sometimes) complex machine learning models and techniques.
Launched in 2010, Contour (http://contour.dac.us) is a web-based application which identifies critical facts from data repositories. Contour is made up of three components:
- BOBCAT is an analytical tool that provides guided prediction through large amounts of unstructured text. It has been featured at the United States Joint Forces Command Empire Challenge.
- PANTHER turns structured and unstructured data into predicted future events, relationships, and/or entities of interests.
- MAINSHIP is an enterprise-class Media Asset Management (MAM) system. It collects and monitors open-source information, such as television broadcasts, print articles and radio programs. Mainship used by thousands of authorized users through the 'OSC.gov' network and has ingested in excess of 400 terabytes of data.
DECISIVE ANALYTICS Corporation authored the SE chapter of Defense Acquisition Guide, the Risk Management Guide for DoD Acquisition, and the Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability Guide. It developed of the Acquisition Logistics Reporting and Monitoring System 
Published Works, Conference Papers, and Patents
- C W Misner, J van Meter, D Fiske. Numerical relativity beyond I+. Gravitation and astrophysics: On the occasion of the 90th year of general relativity: Proceedings of the VII Asia-Pacific International Conference : National Central University, Taiwan, 23–26 November 2005.
- D Fiske. Error and symmetry analysis of Misner's algorithm for spherical harmonic decomposition on a cubic grid. Classical and Quantum Gravity 23 (2006)
- C Misner, J van Meter, D Fiske. Excising das All: Evolving Maxwell waves beyon scri. Physical Review D 74, 064003 (2006)
- D Fiske, E Schnetter, M Tiglio. Parca: A Paramesh-based driver for Cactus. American Physical Society April Meeting. April 2007 
- D Pederson, D Fanjoy. Solving the weapon target assignment problem with multi-hypothesis maximum marginal return. Military Operations Research Society Symposium. June 2007 
- D Fanjoy, D Pederson. Solving variations of the assignment problem with a genetic algorithm. Military Operations Research Society Symposium. June 2007 
- C Kittner. The Role of Safe Havens in Islamist Terrorism. 2007. Terrorism and Political Violence. 19(3):307-329 
- D Pederson. Ensuring schedulability in the weapon target assignment problem. Military Research Society Symposium. June 2008 
- A David, D Fiske. A Framework for Integrated Tracking and Discrimination. Army Science Conference, December 2008 
- D Pederson. Ensuring Schedulability in the Weapon Target Assignment Problem. 76th MORS Symposium, WG-4, Air and Missile Defense. June 2008 
- J Bradley, J Thompson. Predictive analysis network tool for human knowledge elicitation and reasoning. 10th International Conference on Information Fusion, 2007.
- K Hoffman, D Menon. A Practical Combinatorial Clock Exchange for Spectrum Licenses. DECISION ANALYSIS, March 2010; 7(1); 58-77 
- M. Durbin and K. Hoffman. OR PRACTICE—The Dance of the Thirty-Ton Trucks: Dispatching and Scheduling in a Dynamic Environment. Operations Research, January 1, 2008; 56(1): 3 - 19.
- R Peaslee, J Mahaffey. Method and Apparatus for Streamlined Wireless Data Transfer. Patent Pending. Application 20090201380.
- D. Przebowski. Design Maturity Model. STSC CrossTalk. June 1999 
- Washingtonian Magazine Great Places to Work (2013, 2011, 2009, 2007)  
- Washington Business Journal Best Places to Work (2013, 2011, 2009) 
- National Tibbetts Award SBIR Program Success (2007)
- Greater Washington Government Contractor Awards: Small Contractor of the Year Nominee (2005) 
- Arlington County Chamber of Commerce Tech-e Corporate Citizen of the Year (2005)
- Virginia Chamber of Commerce Fantastic 50 (2006)
- Inc. (magazine) 5000 List (2009 and 2005)
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50: Virginia (2007, 2006, 2005, and 2004)
- Deloitte Fast 500 (2006, 2005, and 2004)
- CRN Magazine VAR 500 List (2010, 2009 and 2008)
- "DECISIVE ANALYTICS Corporation: Private Company Information - Bloomberg".
- "FindArticles.com - CBSi".
- Fiske, David R. (21 October 2006). "Error and symmetry analysis of Misner's algorithm for spherical harmonic decomposition on a cubic grid". 23 (20): 5951–5960. doi:10.1088/0264-9381/23/20/016 – via arXiv.org.
- Misner, Charles W. (1 January 2006). "Excising das All: Evolving Maxwell waves beyond scri". Phys. Rev. D. 74 (6). doi:10.1103/PhysRevD.74.064003.
- Kittner, Cristiana C. Brafman (4 July 2007). "The Role of Safe Havens in Islamist Terrorism". 19 (3): 307–329. doi:10.1080/09546550701246791 – via Taylor and Francis+NEJM.
- David, Andrew; Fiske, David (20 February 2017). "A Framework for Integrated Tracking and Discrimination" – via Defense Technical Information Center.
- Pederson, Debbie (12 June 2008). "Ensuring Schedulability in the Weapon Target Assignment Problem" – via Defense Technical Information Center.
- Thompson, J.; Bradley, J. (1 July 2007). "Predictive analysis network tool for human knowledge elicitation and reasoning". pp. 1–6. doi:10.1109/ICIF.2007.4408129 – via IEEE Xplore.
- Hoffman, Karla; Menon, Dinesh (1 March 2010). "A Practical Combinatorial Clock Exchange for Spectrum Licenses". Decision Analysis. 7 (1): 58–77. doi:10.1287/deca.1090.0169 – via pubsonline.informs.org (Atypon).
- Durbin, Martin; Hoffman, Karla (1 February 2008). "OR PRACTICE—The Dance of the Thirty-Ton Trucks: Dispatching and Scheduling in a Dynamic Environment". Operations Research. 56 (1): 3–19. doi:10.1287/opre.1070.0459 – via pubsonline.informs.org (Atypon).
- "METHOD AND APPARATUS FOR STREAMLINED WIRELESS DATA TRANSFER - Patent application".
- Causey, James Michael; Kashino, Marisa M.; Glover, Mary Clare; 1, Sherri Dalphonse on November; 2011 (1 November 2011). "50 Great Places to Work in Washington".
- "'05 Greater Washington Contractor Awards: IT leaders take their turn in the spotlight -- Washington Technology".