|Full name||Dejan Školnik|
|Date of birth||1 January 1989|
|Place of birth||Maribor, SFR Yugoslavia|
|Height||1.72 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 13 August 2017.
Školnik started his career in Maribor and then transferred to Železničar Maribor youth sides at the age of 14. He played there for three years before returning to his home club where he signed his first professional contract.
Školnik then played for Maribor in the Slovenian PrvaLiga for three seasons, earning 72 appearances and scoring 6 goals in the process. His talent was then spotted by Portuguese first division team Nacional, where he joined his teammate from Maribor Rene Mihelič, signing a five-year contract until 1 July 2015.
Currently Školnik was a member of Croatia U21 team. Before his international debut for Croatia he was offered a place in Slovenia U21 but Školnik turned down the offer and decided in favour of his parents homeland.
Školnik was born in Maribor, present day Slovenia and lived there his whole life. He is of Croatian ancestry as his parents originate from northeastern Croatia. According to him he started playing football on the streets of Maribor and only joined NK Maribor youth sides after he was convinced to join by his friends he played with after school and one of which was Rene Mihelič.
- "Dejan Školnik". footballdatabase.eu. Footballdatabase. Retrieved 9 September 2010.
- Dejan Školnik: Sanjam o Mariboru v ligi prvakov | Intervjuji - Planet Siol.net
- Dejan Školnik
- Po Miheliču tudi Školnik na Madeiro :: Prvi interaktivni multimedijski portal, MMC RTV Slovenija
- Hrvati ukradli mariborski biser :: Prvi interaktivni multimedijski portal, MMC RTV Slovenija
- Iz Slovenije na Hrvaško: Dejan Školnik bo zaigral za hrvaško reprezentanco | Dnevnik