|Type||Daily sports newspaper|
|Founder(s)||Luis Montiel Balanzat|
|Founded||6 December 1967|
Diario AS (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈdjaɾjo ˈas]) is a Spanish daily sports newspaper that concentrates particularly on football.
Diario AS is part of PRISA which also owns El País and Cinco Días. The paper particularly covers news of the Community of Madrid football teams: Real Madrid, Atlético Madrid, Getafe CF, CD Leganés, and Rayo Vallecano. It competes directly with MARCA.
In addition to Madrid, the newspaper also has satellite bureaus in Barcelona, Bilbao, A Coruña, Seville, Valencia and Zaragoza.
In May 2012 the newspaper launched an English language sub-site offering original journalism and articles translated from the original Spanish by native English-language speakers.
The circulation of Diario AS was 181,172 copies in 2001 and 176,892 copies in 2002. It rose to 214,654 copies in 2006.
- ^ Enric Castelló; David Domingo (2005). "Spanish media facing new media: a challenge to journalists?". International Journal of Iberian Studies. 18 (3). Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- ^ "Specialised and local press". Grupo PRISA. 2002. Archived from the original (Annual report) on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 10 August 2015.
- ^ "Printed Media Group (GMI)". Grupo PRISA. 2003. Archived from the original (Annual report) on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 10 August 2015.
- ^ Figures covering January to December 2006 Archived 16 April 2007 at the Wayback Machine. Oficina de Justificación de la Difusión. Retrieved 26 April 2007.
- Official web site (in Spanish)
- Official English Website (in English)
- 1967 establishments in Spain
- Association football websites
- Daily newspapers published in Spain
- Newspapers established in 1967
- Newspapers published in Madrid
- Spanish-language newspapers
- Spanish-language websites
- Sports newspapers
- Sports mass media in Spain
- Spanish news websites
- Newspapers published in Europe stubs
- Mass media in Spain stubs