Sir Denis Eustace Gilbert Malone was a Caribbean jurist.
He graduated from Wycliffe College in 1941. He was commissioned a flight sergeant in the Royal Air Force on 15 May 1945. He served as Solicitor-General of Barbados, and then in February 1961 was appointed a Puisne Judge of the Supreme Court of British Honduras (today Belize). He rose to Chief Justice of Belize in 1974 until his replacement in 1977 by Albert Staine, who became the first native of Belize to hold that position. He was knighted in the 1977 Silver Jubilee and Birthday Honours.
He went on to serve on the Supreme Court of the Bahamas as a Justice from May 1979 to September 1983, Acting Chief Justice from September to December 1983, and Senior Justice from January 1984 to November 1989. Afterwards, he became Chief Justice of the Cayman Islands; in 1991, he called for more court facilities to handle the rising backlog of civil and criminal cases.
- "Distinguished Old Wycliffians". Wycliffe College. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "Royal Air Force: Appointment to Commission". Second Supplement to the London Gazette (37179). 1945-07-13. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "Colonial Office". London Gazette (42287). 1961-02-24. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "Chief Justices of Belize, 1843 to 2000". Attorney General of Belize. Archived from the original on 2012-02-04. Retrieved 2012-04-19.
- "Chief Justice of Belize". West Indian Law Journal: 17. 1977. Retrieved 2012-04-20.
- "Honours and Awards: Central Chancery of the Orders of Knighthood". The London Gazette (47607). 1978-08-04. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "Former Justices of the Supreme Court" (PDF). Supreme Court of the Bahamas. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-01-01. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "Regional News". The Jamaica Gleaner. 1991-01-05. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "Alberga called Father of the Bar; Ramon Alberga's portrait joins gallery of judges". 2010-01-17. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
|| Solicitor-General of Barbados
| Chief Justice of Belize
Vivian O. Blake
| Chief Justice of the Bahamas (acting)
Philip Telford Georges
|| Chief Justice of the Cayman Islands
|This article about a Belizean politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|