Chief Justice of Belize
The Chief Justice of Belize is the head of the Supreme Court of Belize. Under Chapter 7 of the Constitution of Belize, the Chief Justice is appointed by the Governor-General on the advice of the Prime Minister. The current Chief Justice of Belize is Kenneth Benjamin, a dual national of Guyana and Antigua and Barbuda.
List of Chief Justices
- Robert Temple Esq., 1843–1861
British Honduras (1862-1973)
- Richard J. Connor Esq., 1862
- William A. Parker Esq., 1875–1881
- Sir Henry P. Schooles Esq., 1881
- W. A. M. Sheriff Esq., 1883–1886
- Sir W. Meigh Goodman Esq., 1886–1889
- Sir William John Anderson, 1890–1900
- Sir Walter L. Lewis, 1900–1906
- Frederick M. Maxwell Esq., 1906–1911 (afterwards Chief Justice of the Leeward Islands, 1912)
- Sir Walter S. Shaw Esq., 1912–1914
- R. B. Roden Esq., 1915–1921
- Herbert K. M. Sisnett Esq. 1922–1931
- Charles W. W. Greenidge Esq., 1932–1936
- Sir Arthur K. Agar Esq., 1936–1940
- Sir Carleton G. Langley Esq., 1940–1947
- Frederick M. Boland Esq., 1948–1949
- Sir Alfred V. Crane Esq., 1950–1954
- Erskine R. L. Ward Esq., 1955–1957
- Sir Clifford De L. Innis Esq., 1957–1972
- Arthur R. F. Dickson Esq., 1973–1974
- Sir Denis E. G. Malone Esq., 1974–1979
- Albert L. Staine Esq., CBE, 1979–1982
- George C. R. Moe, Esq., QC, 1982–1985
- George N. Brown, Esq., acting 1985–1986
- Taufik Cotran Esq., CBE, 1986–1990
- Sir George N. Brown, 1990–1998
- George Singh, Esq., 1998
- Manuel Sosa, Esq., CBE, SC, 1998–1999
- John Troadio Gonzalez, acting 1999–2000
- Dr. Abdulai Osman Conteh, 2000–2010
- Samuel Awich, acting 2010–2011
- Kenneth Benjamin, 2011– 
- "Structure, composition, and jurisdiction". Government of Belize. Retrieved 2012-04-19.
- Trapp, Adele (2011-07-29). "Guyanese jurist, Kenneth Benjamin, 56, to succeed Conteh". Amandala. Retrieved 2012-04-18.
- "Chief Justices of Belize, 1843 to 2000". Attorney General of Belize. Retrieved 2012-04-19.
- Humes, Aaron (2010-01-10). "The end of an era: Chief Justice Dr. Abdulai Conteh retires". Amandala. Retrieved 2012-04-18.