Department of Science (1984–87)
|Formed||13 December 1984|
|Dissolved||24 July 1987|
|Jurisdiction||Commonwealth of Australia|
Information about the department's functions and/or government funding allocation could be found in the Administrative Arrangements Orders, the annual Portfolio Budget Statements and in the Department's annual reports.
According to the National Archives of Australia, at its creation, the Department was responsible for:
- Science policy and research
- Patents of inventions and designs, and trade marks
- Ionospheric prediction
- Analytical laboratory services
- Weights and measures
- Administration of the Australian Antarctic Territory and the Territory of Heard Island and the McDonald Islands
- Commission for the Future.
- CA 4136: Department of Science [III], Central Office, National Archives of Australia, retrieved 15 December 2013
- "Biographical entry: Tegart, William John McGregor (1929 - )", Encyclopedia of Australian Science, National Library of Australia, archived from the original on 22 January 2014
|This Australian government-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|