Department of Science and Technology (Australia)
|Formed||3 November 1980|
|Dissolved||13 December 1984|
|Jurisdiction||Commonwealth of Australia|
The Department was created by the Fraser Government, joining the Department of Productivity with the Department of Science and the Environment, having received advice from the Australian Science and Technology Council that there would be merit in merging the two departments.
Information about the department's functions and/or government funding allocation could be found in the Administrative Arrangements Orders, the annual Portfolio Budget Statements and in the Department's annual reports.
According to the Administrative Arrangements Order (AAO) made on 3 November 1980, the Department dealt with:
- Science and Technology including research, support of research and support of civil space research programs
- Productivity of industry
- Patents of inventions and designs, and trade marks
- Ionospheric prediction services
- Analytical laboratory services
- Weights and measures
- CA 3069: Department of Science and Technology, Central Office, National Archives of Australia, retrieved 23 November 2013
- Fraser, Malcolm (2 November 1980). "The New Ministry" (Press release). Archived from the original on 11 January 2014.
- Hawke, Robert (11 December 1984). "Changes to the Ministry and Departmental Arrangements" (Press release). Archived from the original on 11 January 2014.
|This Australian government-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|