From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up depression, depress, or depressed in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Depression or depress(ed) may refer to:
- Depression (mood), a state of low mood and aversion to activity
- Major depressive disorder and dysthymia, mood disorders that feature depressed moods are commonly referred to as simply depression
- Depression (kinesiology), an anatomical term of motion, refers to downward movement, the opposite of elevation
- Depression (physiology), a reduction in a biological variable or the function of an organ
- Central nervous system depression, physiological depression of the central nervous system that can result in loss of consciousness
- Depression (geology), a landform sunken or depressed below the surrounding area
- Depression (weather), an area of low atmospheric pressure characterized by rain and unstable weather
See also: Recession
- Depression (economics), a sustained, long-term downturn in economic activity in one or more economies
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Depression.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.