Location within the northern extremity of the Philippines
|Archipelago||Batanes Group of Islands|
|Adjacent bodies of water||Balintang Channel|
Dequey is one of the Batanes Islands, in the province of Batanes, in Luzon Strait, the Philippines. The island is a very small and a rather low piece of land, lying nearly 1/2 mile westward of the northwest point of Ivuhos Island. Dequey Island is uninhabited.
An unnamed active submarine volcano rising to within 24 metres (79 ft) of the sea surface is located 3 kilometres (1.9 mi) due west of Dequey Island.
- U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey, "United States Coast Pilot, Philippine Islands, Part I", p.40. Washington Government Printing Office, 1919.
- Britannica CD (1995). Batan Islands. University of Valencia. Retrieved on 2010-09-15.
- List of active volcanoes in the Philippines
- List of inactive volcanoes in the Philippines
- Islands of the Philippines
- List of potentially active volcanoes in the Philippines
- Pacific ring of fire
|This article about a location in Cagayan Valley region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|