First edition cover
|Cover artist||Jacket design by Dorothy Carico Smith|
|October 9, 2005|
|Media type||Print (Hardcover, Paperback)|
|Pages||214 pp (first edition, hardback)|
|LC Class||PS3603.L49 D47 2005|
|Preceded by||The Contortionist's Handbook|
Dermaphoria (2005) is a novel written by American author Craig Clevenger.
Eric Ashworth awakens in jail, unable to remember how he got there or why. All he does remember is a woman's name: Desiree.
Bailed out and holed up in a low rent motel, Eric finds the solution to his amnesia in a strange new hallucinogen. By synthesizing the sense of touch, the drug produces a disjointed series of sensations that slowly allow Eric to remember his former life as a clandestine chemist. With steadily increasing doses, Eric reassembles his past at the expense of his grip on the present, and his distinction between truth and fantasy crumbles as his paranoia grows in tandem with his tolerance.
Characters in Dermaphoria
- Eric Ashworth
- Manhattan White
- Toe Tag
- Detective Anslinger
- Jack and the Beanstalk
- Woozy memories of a drugmaker - June Sawyers - San Francisco Chronicle
- You are what you read - Ben Popper - Memphis Flyer Online
- Dermaphoria - Luan Gaines - Curled Up
- Dermaphoria - Thomas Scott McKenzie - PopMatters
The book was adapted into a film, which premiered on June 13, 2014 at the East End Film Festival. It was directed by Ross Clarke and starred Joseph Morgan, Ron Perlman, Kate Walsh, and Walton Goggins.
- MacAdam/Cage Publishing, October 2005. Paperback Edition. ISBN 1-931561-75-3
- MacAdam/Cage Publishing, September 2006. Paperback Edition. ISBN 1-59692-102-1
- Dermaphoria, Production Design by John Richoux. The film was produced by Teryn Fogel and Ross Clarke in association with their production company Keep The Car Running. Internet Movie Database, accessed 7 July 2013.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
- Official site of movie based on Dermaphoria novel
- Official site of Craig Clevenger
- Official online community of Craig Clevenger, Will Christopher Baer, and Stephen Graham Jones
- Pete's Candy Store Reading (Dermaphoria Tour)
|This article about a 2000s novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.