Derrick Jones (cornerback)
|No. 35 – Houston Texans|
|Born:||December 4, 1994|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||188 lb (85 kg)|
|High school:||Eupora (Eupora, Mississippi)|
|NFL Draft:||2017 / Round: 6 / Pick: 204|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
Derrick Jones (born December 4, 1994) is an American football cornerback for the Houston Texans of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Ole Miss. He was drafted by the New York Jets in the sixth round of the 2017 NFL Draft.
Coming in to the Ole Miss Rebels football program as a three-star wide receiver, Jones switched to cornerback his freshman year and started four games. He then split his time at the two positions over his sophomore and junior seasons, playing sparingly at corner but working his way up to starting wide receiver junior year. However, Jones switched back to corner for his senior season. At the start of his senior year, Jones was suspended three games for violating the Rebels' conduct standards. In 2016, Jones took his first interception for a touchdown.
New York Jets
On August 10, 2019, Jones was waived by the Jets.
Green Bay Packers
- "Ole Miss' Derrick Jones, Jeremy Liggins in line to return against Georgia". The Oxford Eagle. September 21, 2016. Retrieved September 20, 2017.
- "New York Jets take former Ole Miss cornerback Derrick Jones in sixth round". The Oxford Eagle. April 29, 2017. Retrieved September 20, 2017.
- "Derrick Jones Bio – Ole Miss Rebels Official Athletic Site Ole Miss Rebels Official Athletic Site – Football". Retrieved September 20, 2017.
- Lange, Randy (April 29, 2017). "Rd. 6: RB McGuire, CBs Clark & Jones". NewYorkJets.com. Retrieved May 13, 2017.
- Greenberg, Ethan (August 10, 2019). "Jets Sign TE Nick Truesdell, Waive CB Derrick Jones". NewYorkJets.com.
- "Packers claim CB Derrick Jones". Packers.com. August 11, 2019.
- "Report: Packers waive CB Derrick Jones after failed physical". packerswire.com. August 13, 2019.
- "Texans sign CB Derrick Jones, waive WR Stephen Louis". HoustonTexans.com. August 19, 2019.
|This biographical article relating to an American football defensive back born in the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|