From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up descriptor in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Descriptor may refer to:
- Data descriptor, a software or hardware structure describing data
- File descriptor, an abstract key for accessing a file
- Molecular descriptor, which helps characterize a chemical compound
- Visual descriptors, a representation of visual features in image or video
- Security descriptor, a Windows data structure containing security information
- Segment descriptor, used for memory addressing in x86 computer architectures
- Short Payment Descriptor, a compact data format for an easy exchange of a payment information using modern electronic channels
- Index term, also known as a "descriptor" in information retrieval
- Epithet, a descriptive term (word or phrase), accompanying or occurring in place of a name and having entered common usage
- An identifier
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Descriptor.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.