Dhaka Union of Journalists
Dhaka Union of Journalists is a professional trade union of journalists based in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Shaban Mahmud is the President of the Union and Sohel Haider Chowdhury is its general secretary. The union monitors freedom of speech and violence against journalists in Bangladesh.
The Dhaka Union of Journalists was founded in 1947. It had called for wages to be increased for journalists in ninth wage board. In 2017, the union protested against the section 57 of the Information and Communication Technology Act.
- "Dhaka Union of Journalists". bangladeshimedia.com. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- The Far East and Australasia 2003. Psychology Press. 2002. p. 171. ISBN 9781857431339.
- "Shaban elected president and Sohel general secretary of Dhaka Union of Journalists". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- Jones, Derek (2001). Censorship: A World Encyclopedia. Routledge. p. 178. ISBN 9781136798641.
- Group, Taylor & Francis (2004). Europa World Year. Taylor & Francis. p. 698. ISBN 9781857432541.
- "Journos threaten demo on Aug 16 for new pay scale". The Daily Star. 11 August 2017. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "Journalists issue ultimatum for the 9th wage board". dhakatribune.com. Dhaka Tribune. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "BFUJ, DUJ leaders for scrapping of section 57". The Daily Star. 6 August 2017. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
|This article about a Bangladeshi organisation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|